Change font size

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 15 of 16   [ 160 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Throttlehappy Tunes- What makes them different?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:20 pm 

Vehicle: MY04 XT 4EAT - 01G

Mate, I honestly feel for you, and realise how annoying it can be to see your code being whored around, but that's the nature of opensourceness. Just like you cannot claim copyright to fan modes or idle speeds.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:20 pm 

I Say: Some people just like to make themselves sound great.............. others make great sounds!
Vehicle: SWP MY11 SediTIon + a monster

Abha93 wrote:
Mate, I honestly feel for you, and realise how annoying it can be to see your code being whored around, but that's the nature of opensourceness. Just like you cannot claim copyright to fan modes or idle speeds.

LOL yeah kinda defeats the "open source"....... But Matt are you not using subarus original coding, and then just tweaking it???? So that would make you as bad as those "wasckaly copiers". (oh sorry thats right, subaru gets you to help them, I forgot)

But I think Matt is claiming he has found lines of his code in tunes from other people or something like that.. :lol: :lol:

So Matt are you going to name and shame said tuner or scared of being sued for libel. :mrgreen:

Big call really, saying on a forum xxx has stolen parts of your tune with no way of proving or disproving said claims.

Personally I would have just kept that to myself rather than using it to blow my own trumpet ........ but as Charles Colton said "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." :thumbs: :thumbs:

Anyway I'm off to reinvent to post it note ha ha ha ha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:00 am 

I Say: Hitting the Apex!
Vehicle: '11 FXT+'14 GLA45+'15 WRX

Your right, since on RomRaider I tell everyone to modify/alter the radiator fans and idle speeds since exhaust mods on whether the car has a cat or not affects idle speed etc
However, that DBW is 'unique' and has never been posted as Open Source in any matter nor is it in any of my 'Test Tunes' since it was applied to a specific car

Tweeds20 wrote:
Are you a registered Tuner by business ABN or ACN and provide TAX receipts/invoices now Matt?

If so have you registered your Tunes under the copyright and Patience laws which reflects at your ACN/ABN as a registered business?

Not having ago at you or stirring the pot. I say this as if you dont legally comply with trade practices and register your hard work (tunes) ppl can borrow your work in what ever form fashion they see fit. Harsh but it would be a very expensive trip down the legal Avenue and probing what is yours and isnt if you are not a registered business for Tuning cars would be a lengthy waite for any outcome in courts.

I wrote software around 10 years ago as an individual(a bored Uni student) that was stolen and used under similar circumstances in the IT field. It was Opensource well known software but code was implemented into a paid service by another individual working for a company... out of court settlement within 6 months of Statement of Claim.

Since the Opensource community has various spreadsheets for scaling in MAFs, setting OL fuel tables, adjusting WGDC to match target boost where similar/same values could be generated etc but I am yet to see a DBW spreadsheet, hence the data taken was not 'Open source' which is where Intellectual Property even designed by an individual becomes the issue.
http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/get-the-r ... index.html

Most Tuners do not have an IT Degree so have never bothered studying the legislation ;)

Throttlehappy Tuning

Upcoming Travel Dates
June 30th - July 3rd: Taree, Newcastle, Gosford(30th-1st), Sydney, Wollongong, Nowra, Canberra(2nd-3rd)
July 6th -13th: Sydney, Townsville, Cairns, Mackay, Brisbane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:41 am 

Your right Damo, we tune the factory ECU and that Copyright Clause is in the software as well which refers to the DENSO boot loader(same as the start up screen on a PC is copyrighted) and not the factory TUNE itself. However, data applied to the Tune is able to be copyrighted.

Anyone in NSW with access to EcuFlash who has had a dyno tune on an 03 to 07 WRX/FXT/STi in the last 12 months can check their tune and look for a value of 276, 286, 294 and 303 in the top right of the 800rpm row in the DBW Accelerator map can work it out for themself. Since 33% Acc Pedal refers to the throttle being at 60% and asking for more than wastegate pressure, it felt impressive but didnt even have enough torque under vacuum to climb a hill the owner drove up pre-tune in 5th gear, new tune needs the car on boost to climb the hill in 4th :lol:

The offending e-tuner would be 06/07 WRX/FXT etc with a throttle table having 100% in the top right 4 cells at 800rpm. I already knew about the 01-02 WRX tunes :)

First clue was actually when I saw a screenshot showing values I use... normally said tuner uses stock values and stock DBW so imagine my surprise to find my own values in place.

damo67 wrote:
LOL yeah kinda defeats the "open source"....... But Matt are you not using subarus original coding, and then just tweaking it???? So that would make you as bad as those "wasckaly copiers". (oh sorry thats right, subaru gets you to help them, I forgot)

But I think Matt is claiming he has found lines of his code in tunes from other people or something like that.. :lol: :lol:

So Matt are you going to name and shame said tuner or scared of being sued for libel. :mrgreen:

Big call really, saying on a forum xxx has stolen parts of your tune with no way of proving or disproving said claims.

Personally I would have just kept that to myself rather than using it to blow my own trumpet ........ but as Charles Colton said "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." :thumbs: :thumbs:

Anyway I'm off to reinvent to post it note ha ha ha ha

Throttlehappy Tuning

Upcoming Travel Dates
June 30th - July 3rd: Taree, Newcastle, Gosford(30th-1st), Sydney, Wollongong, Nowra, Canberra(2nd-3rd)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:44 am 

I Say: Some people just like to make themselves sound great.............. others make great sounds!

throttlehappy wrote:
Your right, since on RomRaider I tell everyone to modify/alter the radiator fans and idle speeds since exhaust mods on whether the car has a cat or not affects idle speed etc
However, that DBW is 'unique' and has never been posted as Open Source in any matter nor is it in any of my 'Test Tunes' since it was applied to a specific car

Tweeds20 wrote:
Are you a registered Tuner by business ABN or ACN and provide TAX receipts/invoices now Matt?

If so have you registered your Tunes under the copyright and Patience laws which reflects at your ACN/ABN as a registered business?

Not having ago at you or stirring the pot. I say this as if you dont legally comply with trade practices and register your hard work (tunes) ppl can borrow your work in what ever form fashion they see fit. Harsh but it would be a very expensive trip down the legal Avenue and probing what is yours and isnt if you are not a registered business for Tuning cars would be a lengthy waite for any outcome in courts.

I wrote software around 10 years ago as an individual(a bored Uni student) that was stolen and used under similar circumstances in the IT field. It was Opensource well known software but code was implemented into a paid service by another individual working for a company... out of court settlement within 6 months of Statement of Claim.

Since the Opensource community has various spreadsheets for scaling in MAFs, setting OL fuel tables, adjusting WGDC to match target boost where similar/same values could be generated etc but I am yet to see a DBW spreadsheet, hence the data taken was not 'Open source' which is where Intellectual Property even designed by an individual becomes the issue.
http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/get-the-r ... index.html

Most Tuners do not have an IT Degree so have never bothered studying the legislation ;)

LOL OK so they guy with multiple IT and Engineering degrees can't write some sort of hidden coding that will not allow other tuners to use it unless a certain value is inputted???? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: Secret squirrel???

Other tuners lock their tunes so why not do that??? If your that concerned about your IP, why not. That way no-one can steal, borrow or re-use your hard work. It's not like it's all about the customer..... Or the community. Although I am sure plenty or the community as a whole have benefited by your great and wondrous knowledge. :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

Maybe you should become a mainstream tuner with your own proper workshop with a dyno etc ........... or is there not enough money in that?? :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Where is that stirring the pot emoticon...........

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:56 am 

I Say: Kevin Dennis Volkswagen. Deer Park. Technician
Vehicle: My06 Forester xs

all i can say ur dbw maps are delicious! lol....be proud others are using ur ideas let the results show the truth is slowly coming out who is who...

get ur @rse down here r a wanted man!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:39 am 

You missed that bit didnt you? Thread about me doing that floating around where I have written coding into the SH9/GH8/GRB/07+ LGT that can only be accessed with my tunes. 01 to 07 is a LOT more difficult to do since the Body Integration Unit is not connected via CANBUS.

Let me see... I know a few workshops now using my Long Term Fuel Trim hack(putting the LV D range above 80) since the EVO and other factory ECU's have a similar hack. Quite a few other bits and pieces suggested to various workshops across Australia via the RR forum. I guess that is why posts like this occur: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php ... count=3408

I was mainstream tuning years ago and still have my single bed dyno(and access to use a Mainline when ever I want) but you are the one who has said before I should look after my health... Working every day on my feet is just not feasible. I walked up a hill and then sat for 4 hours watching WRC cars scream past today, my leg is killing me from climbing the hill to the point I will have another 5am tuning session just so I can wait for the swelling to go down and I can get some sleep.

damo67 wrote:
LOL OK so they guy with multiple IT and Engineering degrees can't write some sort of hidden coding that will not allow other tuners to use it unless a certain value is inputted???? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: Secret squirrel???

Other tuners lock their tunes so why not do that??? If your that concerned about your IP, why not. That way no-one can steal, borrow or re-use your hard work. It's not like it's all about the customer..... Or the community. Although I am sure plenty or the community as a whole have benefited by your great and wondrous knowledge. :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

Maybe you should become a mainstream tuner with your own proper workshop with a dyno etc ........... or is there not enough money in that?? :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Throttlehappy Tuning

Upcoming Travel Dates

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:30 am 

I Say: dont you hate it when people sit in the fast lane on freeway and go slow as hell
Vehicle: my99 Forester GT

are you doin tunes on 99 forester yet ?

IF YOU CAN'T LOVE YOUR CAR LOVE YOUR MOTHER

12.SLOW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:47 am 

Finalising my Speed Density(No MAF required) tunes for the early GT's and GC8 WRX's in the next few weeks :)

Throttlehappy Tuning

Upcoming Travel Dates

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:22 am 

throttlehappy wrote:
You missed that bit didnt you? Thread about me doing that floating around where I have written coding into the SH9/GH8/GRB/07+ LGT that can only be accessed with my tunes. 01 to 07 is a LOT more difficult to do since the Body Integration Unit is not connected via CANBUS.

Let me see... I know a few workshops now using my Long Term Fuel Trim hack(putting the LV D range above 80) since the EVO and other factory ECU's have a similar hack. Quite a few other bits and pieces suggested to various workshops across Australia via the RR forum. I guess that is why posts like this occur: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php ... count=3408

I was mainstream tuning years ago and still have my single bed dyno(and access to use a Mainline when ever I want) but you are the one who has said before I should look after my health... Working every day on my feet is just not feasible. I walked up a hill and then sat for 4 hours watching WRC cars scream past today, my leg is killing me from climbing the hill to the point I will have another 5am tuning session just so I can wait for the swelling to go down and I can get some sleep.

damo67 wrote:

LOL No Matt funnily enough I didn't miss that amongst the diatribe that is always present in any post by you. So it can't be done for the earlier ones that don't use CANBUS, fair enough.

But there it is, the subtle self promotion that you are so good at, "is there a degree for that"?

Still I am quite surprised that the reply was so small normally it is much larger, If you can't impress people with your intelligence, confuse them with your ****, hey Matt??? Thats what you normally do. :dontknow:

Anyway it seems more people are leaving the TH train due to the usual lack of or should i say crap of communication .................

Mate one final thing, so your saying that flying around the country doing "backyard tunes" in carparks around the place for extra long days then flying to another place to do it again and again for a week or so is better for your health than staying at home with your family?? ha ha ha now your just kidding yourself. Seriously you need to realign your perception on work/life.

But as they say "Some people live upside down. They like to talk out their ass and the only thing that comes out of their mouths is ****". Some people can't even smell it, they are so used to it!!

The ONLY thing it is good for is your bank balance, and that is it.

Tweeds asked a question, I see you conveniently missed that one old bean. :dontknow:

Anyway I'm off to do something useful. Have a good one and all the best to your young family.

ciao :drinks:

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 15 of 16   [ 160 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next