Change font size
It is currently Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:16 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Swift Forester Springs + KYB Excel G Package
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:51 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT Luxury - Steel Silver

Heres a photo of Option 2 which arrived today:

I'm hoping to have photos of it all fitted showing before and after by no later than the weekend after next and will be able to provide any feedback.

MY08 XT LUXURY | Subaru Bodykit/Grill | STi Scoop | STi Tail Lights | Swift Sport Springs/KYB Excel-G struts | Whiteline RSB/Front Strut Brace | Hypertec Exhaust & CAI | HKS SSQV | 18" Enkei EKM3 Rims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:29 pm 

Vehicle: Subaru Forester Gt

slats01 can you provide some pictures of this installed on a forester gt id like to see exactly what the new height looks like fitted.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:26 pm 

Vehicle: MY05 XT Crystal Grey, MY02 STi

They look good unpacked Thomas! Looking forward to seeing them on your car.

thedon I haven't had any fitted to a GT in OZ as yet but I will have a look around and see what I can find. Thomas got the first set of forester Springs to arrive.

Cheers

Nick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:53 pm 

rexmad wrote:
Nick a few questions,

Do you have an option for alternate springs if anyone would like to go a tad lower than above?

What type of difference will you notice running your 1st option, my car is under 100kms and its an SF5,
so shocks all-round seem to ride well still and are not too long in the tooth, but going for a new set in the rear and leaving the standards in the front, hows this effect the setup, at what km mark do shocks tend to need replacing?

Keeping the ride comfort is a major factor for spring/strut choice for me, im running 18's, and its finally kicked in that it is just a tad too high, but id still like to keep my clearance to keep my forester as practical as possible, so like you mention above it is for both handling and aesthetics im looking for, but what sort of handling/comfort/harshness differences will I notice to my standard suspension setup to this one, do you know what the spring rates are at stock compared to yours?

Whats postage worth to Syd or are you in area?

cheers.

Hi Rexmad

Its not so easy to go a tad lower, you would have to start playing around with WRX springs on the shocks which will reduce the life of shocks. the Swifts have been engineered to maximise the performance of the stock struts (ie the Excel g's).

Option 1 is for the guys that want to do this as cheaply as possible but for my money I would change out the front struts while you have them out. The dampening on the Excel G is also differs slightly from the stock struts, so you will ensure you get a balanced package replacing all four struts.

Sorry I don't have the stock spring rates but I will look into it for you - perhaps someone else on here may know? Suprez will be able to give an account of the feel of the car from stock in the next week or so once he has his fitted up.

I am based in the ACT but shipping to Sydney would be no more than $30 for the full package

Any other questions let me know.

Cheers

Nick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:56 pm 

vasme wrote:
I too am curious to know the results. The idea of improved handling, reduced body roll whilst still maintaining decent ride quality is what I'm after. I wouldn't claim the stock MY04 XT is the best riding suspension I've ever felt so I don't want to make it harsher.

As to the ride height drops, are these relative to US ride heights or Oz ones?...I understand that our Forester's are jacked up to make 200mm ground clearnace to qualify for lower import taxes so would these springs drop ride height lower for ours compared to US? The 40mm and 30mm numbers mentioned come from the Swift US website here :

http://www.swiftsprings.com/file/ss.pdf

Cheers

Vas

Hi Vas

Yes you are correct that they are based on the US ride heights but I expect the same fitted up on and OZ delivered car. Suprez will have has fitted up in the next week or so I will be able to confirm after that.

Cheers

Nick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:26 pm 

First impressions of this setup is very positive! :D The ride comfort is very similar to stock and the ride height achieved is bang on what I was hoping for. I'll provide some real feedback in a week or twos time once I've had a wheel alignment and the springs have had a chance to settle a little to allow for some 'spirited' driving.

Heres a quick photo of my XT with the full Swift Sport Springs/KYB Excel-G strut combo installed. Happy days ;)

MY08 XT LUXURY | Subaru Bodykit/Grill | STi Scoop | STi Tail Lights | Swift Sport Springs/KYB Excel-G struts | Whiteline RSB/Front Strut Brace | Hypertec Exhaust & CAI | HKS SSQV | 18" Enkei EKM3 Rims

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:36 pm 

I Say: Nowhere near as much as I used to!
Vehicle: Gone but not forgotten-MY08 XT

Wow.. that's a really nice ride neight. Juuust right for me!

Looking forward to hearing your impressions over the next few weeks/months.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:39 pm 

pete_mac wrote:
Wow.. that's a really nice ride neight. Juuust right for me!

Looking forward to hearing your impressions over the next few weeks/months.

Me and you both, even my old girl reckons the new height is spot on ;)

One of the big reasons I chose this setup is that I really need clearance still as I've (as did the missus) managed to scrape the front lip in driveway crossovers before with the stock setup (thankfully before it was replaced under warranty). Gave it a quick test in a bit of a sketchy driveway crossover at work yesterday and it passed with flying colours. Just need to remember to go through them at a far more steady pace than before.

I guess the real test will be when the missus is down visiting me at the end of the month and she has the car for a day or two :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:49 pm 

Hi Guys

A few updates:
- The sets arriving in the next few weeks are all sold out
- Price now includes delivery anywhere is Oz
- Next shipment is due early December - there is a world wide shortage on these at the moment!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:09 pm 

Anyone interested in what make Swift better than other brands this is a pretty good informative thread from our friends in the USA

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/suspension/157535-swift-springs-dynoed.html

Cheers

Nick

Last edited by slats01 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next