Change font size
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:10 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Swift Forester Springs + KYB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:39 am 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY05 XT Crystal Grey, MY02 STi

Posts: 466
Location: ACT
Hi Guys

I have pulled a package together for those looking to improve handling, keep close to stock level of comfort and lower their car a little. I have two packages with special OZFOZ pricing:

Package 1
Swift Forester Springs + KYB Excel G Rears Struts
- replace rear self leveling suspension
- Will lower car 40m front and 30mm rear
- Spring Rates 3.2kg linear front 2.0 - 3.0kg progressive rear

Package 2
Swift Forester Springs + KYB Excel G front and rears $
- Replace all 4 struts including self leveling rear
- Will lower car 40m front and 30mm rear
- Spring Rates 3.2kg linear front 2.0 - 3.0kg progressive rear

contact us for pricing .

Cheers

Nick

_________________
Check out our web site at http://www.entra.com.au

Image


Last edited by slats01 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Swift Forester Springs + KYB Excel G Package
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:15 am 
User avatar

I Say: Nowhere near as much as I used to!
Vehicle: Gone but not forgotten-MY08 XT

Posts: 16234
Location: Sydney, AUS
Nice one Nick! Two awesome packages.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Swift Forester Springs + KYB Excel G Package
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:42 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY07 XT

Posts: 49
Location: ACT
Hi Nick,
What are the benefits of KYB Excel G fronts over the stock strut? Is there any?
Also will the price be the same once the main shipment comes in?

I'm keen to see how Suprez finds these before I commit to buying some.

Cheers,
Matt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Swift Forester Springs + KYB Excel G Package
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:55 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY08 XT Luxury - Steel Silver

Posts: 1745
Location: Townsville
mdedwar wrote:
Hi Nick,
What are the benefits of KYB Excel G fronts over the stock strut? Is there any?
Also will the price be the same once the main shipment comes in?

I'm keen to see how Suprez finds these before I commit to buying some.

Cheers,
Matt.


Will be able to provide comment in around 2-3 weeks tops ;)

I opted for all new struts purely so that they would 'wear' at a similar rate to each other. Current suspension only seen 14000km but I wanted to do it 'properly' so to speak.

_________________
MY08 XT LUXURY | Subaru Bodykit/Grill | STi Scoop | STi Tail Lights | Swift Sport Springs/KYB Excel-G struts | Whiteline RSB/Front Strut Brace | Hypertec Exhaust & CAI | HKS SSQV | 18" Enkei EKM3 Rims


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Swift Forester Springs + KYB Excel G Package
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:07 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY07 XT

Posts: 49
Location: ACT
Suprez wrote:
mdedwar wrote:
Hi Nick,
What are the benefits of KYB Excel G fronts over the stock strut? Is there any?
Also will the price be the same once the main shipment comes in?

I'm keen to see how Suprez finds these before I commit to buying some.

Cheers,
Matt.


Will be able to provide comment in around 2-3 weeks tops ;)

I opted for all new struts purely so that they would 'wear' at a similar rate to each other. Current suspension only seen 14000km but I wanted to do it 'properly' so to speak.



Looking forward to your comments.

Cheers,
Matt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Swift Forester Springs + KYB Excel G Package
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:01 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: 2000 SF5 BLACK LUX GT MANUAL:)

Posts: 748
Location: Central Coast NSW
Nick a few questions,

Do you have an option for alternate springs if anyone would like to go a tad lower than above?

What type of difference will you notice running your 1st option, my car is under 100kms and its an SF5,
so shocks all-round seem to ride well still and are not too long in the tooth, but going for a new set in the rear and leaving the standards in the front, hows this effect the setup, at what km mark do shocks tend to need replacing?

Keeping the ride comfort is a major factor for spring/strut choice for me, im running 18's, and its finally kicked in that it is just a tad too high, but id still like to keep my clearance to keep my forester as practical as possible, so like you mention above it is for both handling and aesthetics im looking for, but what sort of handling/comfort/harshness differences will I notice to my standard suspension setup to this one, do you know what the spring rates are at stock compared to yours?

Whats postage worth to Syd or are you in area?

cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Swift Forester Springs + KYB Excel G Package
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:11 am 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY05 XT Crystal Grey, MY02 STi

Posts: 466
Location: ACT
rexmad wrote:
Nick a few questions,

Do you have an option for alternate springs if anyone would like to go a tad lower than above?

What type of difference will you notice running your 1st option, my car is under 100kms and its an SF5,
so shocks all-round seem to ride well still and are not too long in the tooth, but going for a new set in the rear and leaving the standards in the front, hows this effect the setup, at what km mark do shocks tend to need replacing?

Keeping the ride comfort is a major factor for spring/strut choice for me, im running 18's, and its finally kicked in that it is just a tad too high, but id still like to keep my clearance to keep my forester as practical as possible, so like you mention above it is for both handling and aesthetics im looking for, but what sort of handling/comfort/harshness differences will I notice to my standard suspension setup to this one, do you know what the spring rates are at stock compared to yours?

Whats postage worth to Syd or are you in area?

cheers.


Hi Rexmad

I am overseas at the moment with limited access to the net but will give you a full answer for you when I'm back in town next weekend.

Cheers

Nick

_________________
Check out our web site at http://www.entra.com.au

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Swift Forester Springs + KYB Excel G Package
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:30 am 
User avatar

I Say: So these two chicks were sitting quietly, minding their own business...
Vehicle: MY05 XTL 5MT

Posts: 16302
Location: Lake Macquarie, NSW
rexmad wrote:
at what km mark do shocks tend to need replacing?

Shocks will begin to deteriorate at around the 60k mark. By 100k they would definitely need replacing.

_________________
Troyy wrote:
I don't understand the underlying technicalities
Troyy wrote:
Couldn't care less.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Swift Forester Springs + KYB Excel G Package
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:39 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY04 XT - Black

Posts: 4
Location: Melbourne
I too am curious to know the results. The idea of improved handling, reduced body roll whilst still maintaining decent ride quality is what I'm after. I wouldn't claim the stock MY04 XT is the best riding suspension I've ever felt so I don't want to make it harsher.

As to the ride height drops, are these relative to US ride heights or Oz ones?...I understand that our Forester's are jacked up to make 200mm ground clearnace to qualify for lower import taxes so would these springs drop ride height lower for ours compared to US? The 40mm and 30mm numbers mentioned come from the Swift US website here :

http://www.swiftsprings.com/file/ss.pdf

Cheers

Vas


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Swift Forester Springs + KYB Excel G Package
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:50 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY08 XT Luxury - Steel Silver

Posts: 1745
Location: Townsville
The 40/30mm drop is the same on the Aussie delivered springs ;)

_________________
MY08 XT LUXURY | Subaru Bodykit/Grill | STi Scoop | STi Tail Lights | Swift Sport Springs/KYB Excel-G struts | Whiteline RSB/Front Strut Brace | Hypertec Exhaust & CAI | HKS SSQV | 18" Enkei EKM3 Rims


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
"Takka LE" for phpBB3