Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: 2001 Limited Lift
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:29 am 

Vehicle: 2001 LIMITED MANUAL

G'day All,

Due to a recent bike accident I need to lift my 2001 2.0L manual to the maximum height allowable by law and still keep the wagon driveable on road. There will be no offroad driving at all..

I was until last Tuesday a motorcycle Courier here in Sydney. The bike is a write off, and once healed I'll be using the Forester as a Courier vehicle. I'll be in and out of the car all day five days a week and leaving it a stock height isn't an option.

I also use the Forester to tow my old fibreglass boat, why I went with the manual version and hi/lo box. Suspension is stock at present and SLS system working fine.

How can I get at least a 45mm lift? It will need to be roadworthy in NSW and have to be fitted by someone other than me, three breaks in my spine limit me a great deal in what I can and can't do.

Maybe a forum member could do the work and make some $$. Send me a PM.
Cheers William

Post subject: Re: 2001 Limited Lift
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:16 am 

I Say: Keep the hammer down
Vehicle: 02GT/6MT/Modtown

PM Nachaluva

Always getting logged out? Drop the .au, ozfoz.com.au

Wanted to buy: Rays Volk CE28N 17x8 +44 PCD5x100 10 spoke, Qty: 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:17 am 

Vehicle: 00 gt

Your king springs and kyb struts would be the easiest way to achieve around 30mm lift. If you have had a spinal injury and will be in the car all day i dont think king springs would be a wise move as it will become a harsher ride over all the bumps.

You could do a full 50mm body lift +/- spring lift. That is engineer able in qld no idea for nsw.

Upgraded springs in the rear could be beneficial if you are going to carry a lot of weight.

You may even have to consider another type of vehicle. The subbie is nice but if you are going to blow a grand on suspension mods you are still left with a relatively thirsty older car.

What about looking at a vw caddy or suzuki van. Something frugal and 2wd?

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:04 pm 

whitfoz wrote:
Your king springs and kyb struts would be the easiest way to achieve around 30mm lift. If you have had a spinal injury and will be in the car all day i dont think king springs would be a wise move as it will become a harsher ride over all the bumps.

You could do a full 50mm body lift +/- spring lift. That is engineer able in qld no idea for nsw.

Upgraded springs in the rear could be beneficial if you are going to carry a lot of weight.

You may even have to consider another type of vehicle. The subbie is nice but if you are going to blow a grand on suspension mods you are still left with a relatively thirsty older car.

What about looking at a vw caddy or suzuki van. Something frugal and 2wd?
Went looking at cheap small vans today. Vendors asking big dollars for very high kilometres. Looked at an '05 Renault Berlingo 1.4 5 speed. Every small van I've seen is a similar ride height to the Forester. Would be much more fuel efficient though.

I'm prepared to spend the $ on the Subie if I get the ride height to a workable level.

My local mechanic I've used for the last twenty years reckons 50mm would be the absolute max lift without causing issues with shaft angles and wheel alignments etc. So maybe a 50mm lift and a small increase in tyre diameter will be it.

I won't be carrying Ankit of weight as my lifting capacity is restricted anyway.

Watch this space!

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-X70F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:50 pm 

Body lift wont change cv angle as it is essentially lifting the body off the drivetrain.

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:42 pm 

Thanks everyone for your valued input. Today I traded the Forester on a small van Better suited for use as a Courier vehicle. The person who buys my Forester will pick up a great car. I'll miss driving the Subie(and that engine note)but I need to put things in place now in preparation for returning to full time work.

Thanks again.
Cheers William Moncrieff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:37 pm 

Best of luck with your recovery. Once you own a subaru you will end up owning another someday. Onto my 3rd

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:25 am 

I Say: Fast, cheap or reliable. Pick any 2.
Vehicle: NotQik MY02 GT

Wishing you all the best mate. Your state of mind will be the best healing tool you have.
Keep up with your exercise & physiotherapy :thumbs:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:12 am 

Thanks Guys

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]