Change font size
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:33 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jarryd's My06 xt Forester
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:13 pm 

Vehicle: MY06 XT - Crystal Gray

One of the next things I did was paint the grill.

Before.

After.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:15 pm 

just a photo of the windscreen being replaced. This is probably one of the only photos where you can still see the cream interior.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:08 pm 

Wrapped the Center dash plastics. This was just something I did in spare time because it looked cool and for not much work I think it was well worth the outcome. I actually got this idea from one of my Foz buddies. credit to him :thumbs:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:15 pm 

new cooler showed up, I replaced the silicone piece going to the turbo as it wasn't correct for my car. It was pretty easy to install.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 pm 

Time for a change on the inside of the cabin. The old creme interior had done its dash. being that the car was from the country and it had a light interior dirt managed to reach every crack and crevis possible. I don't have too many photos from the interior swap but ill upload what I do have. note in some of these photos there might be other mods I have mentioned before but not yet posted photos about simplybecause i didn't take photos at the time or they arent on my new mobile.

The mess I had to deal with for too long.

as you can see in this photo I have already done the door cards. the head unit it new and these are the Impreza seats I mentioned on the first page.

in this photo, I had about half the swap complete starting from the floor up.new carpet was in, dash swapped over and all black carpet floating panels in the back were installed. The cream roof lining door sills and a few other pieces were still to come off.

this photo was taken at the same time as the previous photo but here you can see a bit better at what's going on in the front. excuse me for the wiring laying around near the tunnel. I've got the Ryobi cordless radio going because I can't stand working without music. I'm sure some of you can relate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:37 pm 

Not too much going on here. just a photo of the new superpro end links. Bc coils in the back and to the left you can just see the Whiteline steering rack ends.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:00 pm 

So I picked up my new bumpers and grill after work. I was lucky enough to find them in the same colour as my car (need to be resprayed eventually) but will do for now. I bought them from a company called jap devision. they aren't a huge importer but they do have some goodies. they also had sti motor and gearbox packages when I was last there so if your keen or need something check them out. for anyone whos interested they are in Clayton, Melbourne Victoria.

Heres a photo from before. this is how the car sat for a while. wheels are 18x9.5+38, i can't remember what size tires were on them but these wheels are no longer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:04 pm 

I don't know what it is about this photo but I love it. looks super cool. also in this picture, you can see the bonnet struts that I installed working a treat. I definitely recommend these to anyone who spends a bit of time in there engine bay. also between this photo and the last I installed the front Sti pods.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:06 pm 

What a difference that makes. at this stage, I had the rear bumper but hadn't installed it yet. We will get to that ;) I'm also going to change the badge on the grill from forester sports to the Sti badge so if anyone has one laying around holla at me or I'll buy one new.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:46 pm 

The rear bumper was a bit more crusty than the front. it had existing damage when from when I bought the car and it just didn't look up to scratch.. no pun intended :lol:

In this photo you can see I have also installed a rear wing. pretty straight forward. I made a template off the car I took the wing from. drilled holes in appropriate spots and ran the wiring through the tailgate into the factory wiring. YES it is functional and I have deleted the brake light on the inside tailgate. all I had to do was extend the wiring, Sill retaining the factory OEM clips. If anyone else is looking to do so there's a bloke on here in the DIY section who has a good write up on it.

My new STI rear bar also came with the STI rear pods. So now I have 2 sets of rear pods and 1 set of fronts. The main reason I opted for the STI rear bar was I heard the genuine STI rear pods wouldn't fit the OEM rear bar or if they did it would require some modification. has anyone done this or know how to? as I do have a spare set and wouldn't mind throwing them on an OEM rear bar to swap and change when I want to.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next