Change font size
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:08 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Rudolf's 05 XT - Leaving it stock... it lasted 1 week!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:25 am 

Vehicle: S15 silvia, Datsun260z

RUDOLF'S 05 XT FORESTER

Hi guy's I'm Rudi, and since i got my licence many many moons ago, I had driven nothing but Nissan Silvia's. I guess i was a bit of a nutter, I've owned 3 S13's and for the last 12 years, my Daily driver has been a S15 200sx.

I have wanted a more practical car for many many years, and the Foz was the only choice for me. For the last 6 years or so i had been putting away cash here and there to hopefully one day buy a forester, and last week i finally pulled the trigger.

It must have been fate, I had not looked at foresters for a good year or so. But 3 weeks ago the Silvia broke, i had rego due in 2 weeks and upon further inspection the car would have needed quite a few thousand dollars spent on it.

In frustration, i started looking online for a Foz, I was not happy with what i saw. Many many cars with over 200,000km's on the clock. The S15 had 250,000km's and if i bought a "new" car, i wanted something with low km's and no problems.

One night, i looked online at midnight, and saw a fresh advertisement, one that was just listed. a 05 XT Premium with only 85,000kms on the clock! I was actually going to look at one on the weekend with 170,000km's, as that was the lowest km car for sale in my budget at the time.

I rang the next day from work in the morning, and the seller informed me that someone was going to look at it at 2pm. DAM! he was going to get it! Well not on my watch, i told the seller I'd be right there, and left work, without even telling my boss! The car looked brand new, and i didn't even argue on asking price. The deal was done.

So here is my 05 Foz:

1 owner since new, the guy was 60 years old, and only 85,000kms.

Iv'e promised myself, and my wife I'd keep it stock.....My wife laughed at me

Then again, i told her I'd keep the S15 stock, we all know how that goes.... 12 years later and 280rwkw.......

The plans for the car for now:

Window tint -Done
Boost gauge - Done
Cat back exhaust- Done
Blow off valve - Done
Coilovers
STI front grill
STI larger hood scoop
Rims (either STI rims or RPF1's)
Intake
dump pipe
tune
STI seats
STI Turbo
Baby seat?

Then all the little stuff that needs to be done, window tint, bigger STI scoop, get rid of the horrid chrome mirrors, a aftermarket head unit and boost gauge.

THAT'S IT!

YEAH RIGHT!

I know me.... it will end up with a STI turbo and 200kw. :lol:

Rudi.

Last edited by cros13 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Rudolf's 05 XT -
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:41 am 

Vehicle: MY04-XT Lux

Very nice, congratulations on the purchase, i have an 04 XT and GTiR so a fellow Nissan friend here!! I was completely new to subarus but have found a wealth of information here theirs loads of thread on suspension options and turbos, the goos thing i found so far is the so many parts are interchangeable between similar years in different models, i couldn't believe that a 2015 sti VF48 went direct fit into my 04 & so many suspension options, it came with the 3" x-force with a HKS box to tone it done a bit but still get the rumble.
Enjoy mate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:30 pm 

Vehicle: MY05 XT - Regal Blue

Nice ride

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:45 pm 

Vehicle: MY06 XT

nice Foz! OEM lip as well..

i have a brand new set of MCA blues with the stealth option still in the box if you are interested

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:40 pm 

I Say: A Subaru with no boost is like a bird with wings that cant fly
Vehicle: 06 XT - Silver

manual or Auto??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:03 pm 

dr.gonzo wrote:
nice Foz! OEM lip as well..

i have a brand new set of MCA blues with the stealth option still in the box if you are interested

Hmmmm..... i probably shouldn't... yet!

Actually i just dropped the car off to get the windows tinted today. And am looking for a exhaust now.

I should probably enjoy the stock ride height and comfort for a little more than 1 week before i ruin the car!

I was most more than likely going to get MCA X-series comfort range... but on further inspection that doesn't exist anymore?

But shoot me a PM anyway bud!

Rudi.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:03 pm 

fozbaru wrote:
manual or Auto??

Manual of course! That's why it took me a few years looking on and off for the right car!

Rudi.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:37 am 

Vehicle: MY06 XT - Black

Welcome!

Start saving now for the inevitable 6 speed swap.

FC RX7 Track Build

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:26 am 

Update #2: Keeping it stock... LOL!

So keeping it stock lasted a whole 1 week!

First on the agenda was to transfer the plates over from my Silvia to the Foz. These have been my plates for the last 15 years and have moved over to all my cars.

Also fitting some of the stickers i acquired when i was in Japan a few years back

On the Monday i dropped the car off and got the windows tinted. 35% side windows and 20% everywhere else.....

Then on Saturday i stopped over at DC Jap Automotive and well...... yeah.....

They happened to have a G200 in stock, the hoist was free.... why not! Cat back fitted! My wife let out a sigh of relief once i started her up, we were back in the game!

I have a boost gauge on the way too.

Next on the list will be a pop off valve......

Rudi.

Post subject: Re: Rudolf's 05 XT - Leaving it stock... it lasted 1 week!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:59 pm 

Update #3: Still keeping it stock :mrgreen:

So continuing my promise to keep the car standard, i bought a boost gauge, and promptly wired that in. At the same time i also wired up a second cigarette lighter to hide behind the glove box, to power my dash cam, which i also promptly installed.

I took the opportunity to let the Foz sleep in the garage while it can. Once my Datsun comes back from the paint shop, the foz will never see the warmth of the garage again! :lol:

And lastly, i bought a GFB response for the car too. was too busy to install it this weekend, might tackle it during the week.

Rudi.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next