Change font size
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 14   [ 136 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: JamesMR's MY09 SH XTP
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:23 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XTP & MY06 RColt

Golpher Aluminium rad ~$320 delivered from Michael's Auto Parts at Greenacre (NSW) 02 9709 8883.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:27 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

Thanks mate - I'll give them a call if I can't find anything local (QLD).

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:46 pm 

Vehicle: MY12 XT Premium Auto White

skyrex wrote:
Golpher Aluminium rad ~$320 delivered from Michael's Auto Parts at Greenacre (NSW) 02 9709 8883.

More green, this time the plastic color of your OEM radiator, clear signal to replace it?

James you will be very pressed to beat the Golpher, if it is in stock grab it fast!

Cheers Al

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:40 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP & MY16 BT50

I can't complain about the Golpher!

Previous: '09 ZRE152 ZR (click)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:55 pm 

Question - Is the Golpher rad suited for an auto XT? Stock radiator has the trans cooler built into it - something I learned a little too late.

I sourced a Mishimoto today for $300. Jacked the car up, drained it, pulled the lower hose off and found two other rubber lines on the passenger side meeting up to hard lines on the chassis. Couldn't figure out what these were so I pulled one off - auto trans fluid poured down my arm.

So - the Mishi rad I have suits a manual and I'll need a $130 Mishimoto universal trans cooler (Part# MMTC-U) so I can plug the auto trans into it, but will need to find a place to mount the core. Only place that seems to have space is in front of the a/c heat exchanger but I have no idea how to mount this properly and securely.

P.S - if anyone has a stock rad in good condition and from an Auto - I'll happily take it!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:11 pm 

I Say: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition WR Blue

Might help. http://www.ozfoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=48134

Phat-GT - Perrin RSB - PW Verticooler - HKS ES Premium - AVO Castor Correction - Liberty Brakes - Pedders Springs

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:43 pm 

smelmechiz wrote:

Thanks mate - I'll see how I go with the Mishi rad. Don't really want to make it more complex than it needs to be but there's little option unless I find an OEM spec rad. I can install the rad myself but fitting the ATF cooler & thermo is a bit beyond me I think.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:56 pm 

Update - so after some advice from Yowie (thanks mate!) I've decided on the Mishimoto Universal Trans Cooler (Part# MMTC-U) from CMA. I'll pull the old radiator out now that I have a place for the ATF lines to go and should be able to swap in the new Mishi radiator quite easily after that.

I'll run the ATF cooler without a fan or thermo for the time being, but will get a thermo installed when I take the car in for its major service in a few weeks. This should provide the best option, knowing that I won't have to worry about temps as it will mimic the OEM setup but remain independent of the radiator.

Silly me should have taken note of the disclaimer on Mishimoto's website regarding their products not being compatible with automatics!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:53 pm 

Small update - car is going in for it's major service (112,500) on Monday. Shouldn't throw any surprises as it's all pretty standard stuff. Will have the Mishimoto universal trans cooler installed as well. Haven't had any issues daily driving the car with no trans cooler but better to be safe than sorry. Have avoided highways and long drives in the meantime.

Ordered some Group N STi LCA rear bushes from Japanparts as well. These will replace the Whiteline ALK which I believe is causing the NVH issues. I'll report back once these are installed and will probably have the ALK kit up for sale afterwards.

In other news - I might have a chance to buy my old STi back (pictured to the left). I've missed this car since I sold it about a year ago. Just need to convince the missus it's a good idea!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:30 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

JamesMR_ wrote:
In other news - I might have a chance to buy my old STi back (pictured to the left). I've missed this car since I sold it about a year ago. Just need to convince the missus it's a good idea!

:lol:

Just don't phrase it "I might have gotten an STI"

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 14   [ 136 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next