Change font size
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:13 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 12 of 12   [ 119 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: JamesMR's MY09 SH XTP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:04 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

cros13 wrote:
Hey bud just read through your whole thread!
In relation to your crooked STI badge at the front, same thing happened to mine. I bought the badge, was told that the traditional pink STI badge for the car and the newer style cherry red ones would both fit as the mounting points were the same.
They were not, and i needed to dremmel out my cross sports grill quite a bit to fit my badge, and the mounting posts made my badge crooked too. O well!

Nice to see a fellow dato owner on here too! you still have her?

Rudi.

Hey mate,
Yeah the STi badge was just an ebay special. I was expecting it to fit straight but it didn't so it's at the best angle I can get it. I'll probably take it off soon so I stop hooning around (I tend to drive it like an STi :twisted:). I certainly wasn't going to cut into the grill after paying north of $350 for it.

The datto is owned by a friend. It's loud, low and not very fast. Running a GT30r on a CA18det motor. Needs a larger intercooler and a re-tune to make some power. The STi was mine - 280awkw on E85 and a GTPumps 3.5 turbo. MCA purples and basically every brace you could put on it. Weapon of a car - I miss it every day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:12 pm 

Cusco struts arrived yesterday. Will be fitting these on Sunday with the Pedders sportsryder springs and will then book it in to get the stock tie-rods and mounts put back in (removing the Whiteline RCA kit).

Struts appear to be made by KYB as per the stamps on each. Good quality as expected. The adjustment is via the small nob at the top of the strut - 40 clicks in total. Just with hand pressure I can feel the difference between soft/firm but I'm pretty surprised that I can even move it at all just with my hands.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:20 am 

Vehicle: MY12 SWP E-EDITION

JamesMR_ wrote:
Cusco struts arrived yesterday. Will be fitting these on Sunday with the Pedders sportsryder springs and will then book it in to get the stock tie-rods and mounts put back in (removing the Whiteline RCA kit).

Struts appear to be made by KYB as per the stamps on each. Good quality as expected. The adjustment is via the small nob at the top of the strut - 40 clicks in total. Just with hand pressure I can feel the difference between soft/firm but I'm pretty surprised that I can even move it at all just with my hands.

Interested to see how you rate them.

These will be on my list for replacement when my shocks decide to give up.

Previous Ride: MY04 XT Luxury - JDM STI SG9 Heart/VF41

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:28 am 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

SAV-84C wrote:
Interested to see how you rate them.

These will be on my list for replacement when my shocks decide to give up.

Same here :thumbs:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:26 pm 

I'll take some pics on Sunday and compare the struts to the factory SLS and the STi ones.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:54 pm 

I Say: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition WR Blue

Yes photo's please! I'm running the Sportsryder springs on my stock S-Edition struts and would be interested to see your ride height with the Cusco.

Phat-GT - Perrin RSB - PW Verticooler - HKS ES Premium - AVO Castor Correction - Liberty Brakes - Pedders Springs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:34 pm 

smelmechiz wrote:
Yes photo's please! I'm running the Sportsryder springs on my stock S-Edition struts and would be interested to see your ride height with the Cusco.

They would be the same wouldn't they? The struts are Forester specific so the body should be the same length and the springs would set the height. I have the sportsryder springs from Pedders too. They should be lower than OEM but higher than the MY08 STi setup I'm running now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:35 pm 

I Say: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition WR Blue

Yeah - I was just wondering if the Cusco gave you any difference in ride height. Here's the ride height of mine on the Pedders springs (old photo but you get the idea).

Phat-GT - Perrin RSB - PW Verticooler - HKS ES Premium - AVO Castor Correction - Liberty Brakes - Pedders Springs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:35 pm 

smelmechiz wrote:
Yeah - I was just wondering if the Cusco gave you any difference in ride height. Here's the ride height of mine on the Pedders springs (old photo but you get the idea).

Oh ok - nah no difference in ride height. The only adjustment on them is rebound (0-40 clicks). It's assumed that 20 clicks is factory spec and can go to 140% firm with some adjustment to go softer than factory.

Example on sportsyrder springs:

Example on Cusco's (unsure on springs, possibly Teins):

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 12 of 12   [ 119 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12