Change font size
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:32 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 56 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chips '01 SF S/tb
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:39 pm 

I Say: Wubba lubba dub dub
Vehicle: MY10 XTP Satin White Pearl 5M

I think i remember this one coming up for sale on gumtree in the last month. Did u buy it out near blacktown?

MY10 XTP Satin White Pearl 5MT - Tein Street Advance Coilovers - SuperPro RCA & ALK - 19' Forester TS ENKEI Rims - 2011 STi Cat Back Quad Tip Exhaust with KartBoy 12 mm exhaust hangers - K&N Panel Filter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:50 pm 

I Say: Needs more positive manifold pressure.
Vehicle: MY01 S/tb - MY01 STi II Type M

dflux4 wrote:
I think i remember this one coming up for sale on gumtree in the last month. Did u buy it out near blacktown?

Yeah, that's the one.

MY01 GT -Unfinished Project

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:20 am 

Vehicle: MY10 XT -

Nice, love the colour :thumbs: ...I drive a 2000 model non turbo as my daily but was thinking of the turbo model in red.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:07 pm 

MTBTRAIL wrote:
Nice, love the colour :thumbs: ...I drive a 2000 model non turbo as my daily but was thinking of the turbo model in red.

Thanks! I've been driving a 2000 model NA as a daily for the last 10yrs or so. This just popped up at the right time :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:35 pm 

Chips wrote:
Mechanically wise, I suspect that there is an oil leak from the sump plug and transmission pan gasket. As I'll be doing a full fluid service, I'll fix these up at the same time. There is also an issue with one of the front driveshafts not going into the gearbox all the way. When I had it up on the DC Jap hoist I couldn't push it in by hand. I suspect this may just be a case of it either needs to be removed and re installed or, that a shaft that is about 25mm too short has been fitted and I need to buy and fit the right one. But I'll get my mechanic to look at this incase there is damage to the front diff.

Also, the engine has a slight miss when cold I think this may be old plugs and leads, so they'll be getting replaced. With the oil I found in the stock TMIC combined with some observed blue smoke from the exhaust at start up and a few puffs when cold I think the Turbo seals may be on their way out. I'll have to look into rebuilding or replacing the stock TD04 when I install the TBE I have sitting here. The A/C also needs re-gassing.

Just an update to this, over the last couple of days the car got an oil change, UEC, Plugs, Leads, Fuel Filter, Air Filter and Compression test.

It tested 145-150PSI across all four cylinders, so the rings etc are fine. When doing the oil change 6-7L of oil came out where only 4.5L of oil is supposed to go. Post oil change the car no longer blows smoke on start up or when cold. So, I'm thinking the Turbo seals are fine as well and the smoke was just because there was a few liters too much oil.

The leads were arcing out everywhere and causing the missfire on start up. So that's gone now as well.

The liquid that came out of the fuel filter when changed looked more like oil than fuel so a new fuel pump and an injector clean+flow test is on the cards for the near future.

As I'll be getting a new radiator, I'll sort out the transmission oil pan leak when I get that changed. Save dumping the oil twice. For now it's been given a clean and I'll keep an eye on it to see if/how bad the leak is. There also may be an oil leak from the front diff, so that has been cleaned and I'll also monitor that over the next few weeks.

As for the driveshaft that was hanging out, turns out it is the correct length driveshaft, but the last person to put it back in neglected the roll pin that holds the shaft onto the stub axle that comes out of the rear diff. So, shaft is now in place properly with a new roll pin.

In the near future I also plan on replacing the horrid, brittle plastic intake between the turbo and MAF housing with an AVO silicone item like I have on the type m. When I do this I'll be replacing all the coolant/fuel/vacuum lines under and around the intake manifold as the all look worn, brittle and perishing.

I'm hoping that I can get the whiteline goodies I have sitting here installed over the weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:06 pm 

I got the 316mm Liberty front brakes swapped over from the old blue NA today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:31 pm 

A bit of a rainy day today and I couldn't be bothered doing much, as the S/tb has a sunroof, the main interior light is pretty much useless at night. So I went to Jaycar and got some LED bulbs for the map lights, main interior light and I also got some Diodes and did the Bye Evo Map Light Mod using the SF method.

Post subject: Re: Chips '01 SF S/tb -Map light mod pg2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:37 pm 

Got a spare hour to work on the car today. First I attacked a super annoying rattle coming from the lid of the passenger side dash pocket. Nothing a little adhesive backed foam didn't fix!

Then I put in some Whiteline front swaybar endlinks. When I was pulling the stock ones out I noticed that they had what appears to be superpro polly bushes in them. So that's cool haha.
Before.
After.
Polly bushes in the stock endlinks.

Post subject: Re: Chips '01 SF S/tb -FSB Endlinks pg2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:18 pm 

What better way is there to spend an hour or so on a Friday night while I had the house to myself than put a 22mm RSB, heavy duty endlinks and heavy duty swaybar mounts in?

When I pulled the stock endlinks off, I noticed they also had Superpro polly bushes fitted to them. I really should go around and inspect all the other bushes and see what else has been replaced with upgraded polly items. I know the front LCA rear bushes have been replaced as they're not the stock silicon goop filled items, so at a guess I'd say that they are Superpro items as well.

Post subject: Re: Chips '01 SF S/tb -Rear Swaybar pg2
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:09 pm 

Went and logged the stock tune today for interests sake. Turns out the S/tb runs 11.5psi peak boost.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 56 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next