Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Batch's 04 XT, Forged, Cammed, 6 speed, GTX3076r
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:06 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Probs not well suited to your application, but i have absolutely loved the last 2 exedy racing clutches ive had. CarbonD and CompeD are both very sexy bits of gear.

CarbonD was by far the smoothest clutch ive ever driven on in a Subaru as far as controlability. It was a bit noisly like most every other twin plate. Not a deal braker. But it just sucked having to "heat it up" every cold start. If it wasnt for the cold start dramas, then it would just about be a perfect clutch IMO.

And the CompeD has so far been pretty sweet aswell. Not as smooth/easy to modulate as the Carbon. But not uncontrollable either by any stretch. A bit quieter, and way lighter than the carbon, and holds the torque from cold right up to race temps perfectly. The metallic clutchs probs wont get the life of a non-race clutch. But race clutchs are meant to be light and sleek. Not last a million miles.

Id maybe suggest something like a hyper twin maybe. You will have no worries with holding the power and it will be 'manageable' in street traffic (i said manageable, not ideal). And not too twitchy with a super light flywheel like the CompeD. Its basically the same as the compeD, but minus the super light flywheel.

Post subject: Re: Batch's 04 XT, Forged, Cammed, 6 speed, GTX3076r
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:15 am 

Vehicle: 04 XT

Bram wrote:
Probs not well suited to your application, but i have absolutely loved the last 2 exedy racing clutches ive had. CarbonD and CompeD are both very sexy bits of gear.

CarbonD was by far the smoothest clutch ive ever driven on in a Subaru as far as controlability. It was a bit noisly like most every other twin plate. Not a deal braker. But it just sucked having to "heat it up" every cold start. If it wasnt for the cold start dramas, then it would just about be a perfect clutch IMO.

And the CompeD has so far been pretty sweet aswell. Not as smooth/easy to modulate as the Carbon. But not uncontrollable either by any stretch. A bit quieter, and way lighter than the carbon, and holds the torque from cold right up to race temps perfectly. The metallic clutchs probs wont get the life of a non-race clutch. But race clutchs are meant to be light and sleek. Not last a million miles.

Id maybe suggest something like a hyper twin maybe. You will have no worries with holding the power and it will be 'manageable' in street traffic (i said manageable, not ideal). And not too twitchy with a super light flywheel like the CompeD. Its basically the same as the compeD, but minus the super light flywheel.

Thanks for the info!

I've just ordered the ACT XTSS from the UK, after a heap of research it's a really good streetable clutch that has the clamping force needed for over 400hp at the wheels, see how it goes i guess!

Currently typing up the next update and should be updated tonight sometime :thumbs:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3