Change font size
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: skyrex's 2nd/3rd round
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:50 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XTP & MY06 RColt

Thought I should officially start a new thread for the next chapter of sorts.
Not going to bore with copying and pasting the same info, can see all that here.

If tl;dr is your way of life, to summarise up to now:

OLD:
* Bought a 2009 MY09 XTP back in 2014, loved it to bits. It got rear ended and written off. Swapped out most of the fruits with stock gear then handed it over to insurance.

NEW:
* Bought a brand new MY16 Forester pov pack from a knee-jerk reaction/getting desperate to find another family car. Was nothing more than a $30k+ metallic gloss turd. Sold it 4mths later, lost a heap of cash.
(I kept this pic as a reminder to never be stupid enough to buy a brand new car again.)

CURRENT:
* Found another SH, this time a 2010 MY10 XTP doppelganger to Foz 1.0. not sure if this would be Foz 2.0 or 3.0 now...

The morning I picked it up:

The morning after:

As it is currently:

Since MY10
* Installed a towbar I picked up on the way back from Brisbane with it.
* Installed the coilovers, mufflers, BOV, and LGT brakes on it from the MY09.
* Bought and installed some whiteline swaybars and installed them over Christmas as I wasn't brave enough to handover the written off Foz with no swaybars at all. Have learned my lesson there too lol.
* Replaced the useless rear bumper stainless scuff plate with the proper black ABS plastic scuff plate.

The new/modified to do list:

* Make it a touch louder/throatier, I'm planning to chop the mid pipe and weld in a hot dog/cherry bomb muffler or whatever you prefer call them.
If it doesn't turn out so great and sounds like poop, I have a spare Foz/WRX mid-pipe in the shed to put back on the car.
* Get a dump pipe sorted
* Silicone intake & another K&N filter when the paper one is toast.
* Get it tuned to liven it up a bit more.
* Finish off the custom front mesh grille. Has been primed but I've found some pits the primer couldn't fill in. So need a touch of bog, a bunch more sanding then ready to paint SWP.
* Waiting on some wrap to hopefully compliment the Likewise gear knob I got to replace the worn stock one. Also to cover up a bit of a schwoops moment when I was scrubbing the grime off the silver trim pieces from whatever they "detailing" product the yard used... :oops:
* Find a neat/stealth boost gauge solution. As dash space is somewhat limited to put one in without it looking out of place and keeping the wife happy with aesthetics.
* Android head unit with full integration to steering controls/factory camera etc (Using the conversion master clayq's guide).

During all of this, my little daily needs some love to keep it going. A new gearbox and suspension, maybe a sneaky LSD while I'm at it if the price is right :twisted:, and fit up some stuff that's been gathering dust for about as long as I've had the car itself for.

That's it for now! :drinks:

Post subject: Re: skyrex's 2nd/3rd round
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:16 pm 

I Say: There's no 'i' in Team, but there is in Winner!
Vehicle: MY10 XT

Such a clean example.. The ride high looks perfect :ok:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:33 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

Great to see it all coming back together.

You may have earned a break from car-replacing BS for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:47 pm 

Vehicle: 99 WRX, SH9 XTP

Looks very nice Skyrex!

skyrex wrote:
* Bought and installed some whiteline swaybars and installed them over Christmas as I wasn't brave enough to handover the written off Foz with no swaybars at all. Have learned my lesson there too lol.

Just wondering, what was the lesson to be learned there?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:06 pm 

twisties wrote:
Looks very nice Skyrex!

skyrex wrote:

Just wondering, what was the lesson to be learned there?

Leave nothing like that for the insurance companies haha.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:27 am 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP SWP

Awesome! Skyrex 3.0 :thumbs:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Previous: '09 ZRE152 ZR (click)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:23 pm 

I Say: 3 letters in the alphabet that should never be attributed to me...DIY

What coils did you put in mate

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

190.6 atwkw | MSR | Invidia | STi | Process West | Cobb | Turbosmart | PSR | Pierburg | Whiteline | Perrin | Cusco | Hella | ROH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:19 pm 

Slobbythegreat wrote:
What coils did you put in mate

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Pedders XA's from the first SH.
Was lucky enough to be able to pull them off then replace with stock springs/struts before it went.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:55 pm 

Small-ish update since Christmas time-ish..

Got the wife a Likewise gearknob:
Attachment:
tiffandhoe.jpg
tiffandhoe.jpg [ 65.51 KiB | Viewed 58 times ]
I fixed the orientation, took me a bit to get it oriented right so when the shifter stalk bottomed out in the knob, the logo was facing the right way (little details). May have another Likewise knob coming later this year for my daily if I can bring myself to spend money on it.

Bought a pair of OCV's and chucked them in. Made a notable difference to low rpm driveability and performance, but something still isn't 100% there. Will be inspecting further with upcoming 100k service.

Took it camping over easter, didn't miss a beat and handled the dirt roads quite well.
Attachment:
20170417_141019.jpg
20170417_141019.jpg [ 261.88 KiB | Viewed 67 times ]

Starting to gather parts for the 100k service, a K&N filter came last week to replace the dirty paper one.
I like the nice little audible change it makes too.

Over the weekend Ozmaen dropped off his old dual gauge pod cluster surround thing. I forget who makes them (OBX?) but it should hopefully do the job of keeping a neat appearance, providing boost and water temp gauge locations.
Also got with the gauge pods a Mishimoto in-line water temp sensor adapter for somewhere to tap the sensor from the gauge into.

Today I had delivered to work a Golpher alloy radiator.
Attachment:
golpher.jpg
golpher.jpg [ 68.77 KiB | Viewed 57 times ]
After seeing the OEM top tank getting a lot more yellow in colour than when we got it, would rather pre-empt that type of failure than wait for it to happen and have it let us down.

So once all the parts arrive the task list will be of sorts:

* Timing belt, water pump, pulleys, accessory belts, etc
* Install new radiator
* Pulling the engine left (passenger side) OCV banjo filters out while timing belt is off
* Check the AVCS cams for debris
* Install dual gauge pod cluster surround
* Install in-line water sensor adapter + water gauge
* Install boost gauge (still to source gauges)
* Modding the stock cluster needles
* Have another go at vinyl wrapping the silver dash stripe
* Inspect shifter bushes/try find why the knob wobbles when cruising in 5th gear
* Take 2 at installing rear swaybar endlinks to use the "hard" setting (had clearance issues due to how long the studs are in the ball joints)

That's it for now I think, more will likely come as I remember. (I like making lists so I don't forget sh!t!)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:59 pm 

I Say: Ozfoz Courier Service - Newcastle Office
Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

skyrex wrote:
Small-ish update since Christmas time-ish..

Got the wife a Likewise gearknob:
Attachment:
tiffandhoe.jpg
I fixed the orientation, took me a bit to get it oriented right so when the shifter stalk bottomed out in the knob, the logo was facing the right way (little details). May have another Likewise knob coming later this year for my daily if I can bring myself to spend money on it.

Bought a pair of OCV's and chucked them in. Made a notable difference to low rpm driveability and performance, but something still isn't 100% there. Will be inspecting further with upcoming 100k service.

Took it camping over easter, didn't miss a beat and handled the dirt roads quite well.
Attachment:
20170417_141019.jpg

Starting to gather parts for the 100k service, a K&N filter came last week to replace the dirty paper one.
I like the nice little audible change it makes too.

Over the weekend Ozmaen dropped off his old dual gauge pod cluster surround thing. I forget who makes them (OBX?) but it should hopefully do the job of keeping a neat appearance, providing boost and water temp gauge locations.
Also got with the gauge pods a Mishimoto in-line water temp sensor adapter for somewhere to tap the sensor from the gauge into.

Today I had delivered to work a Golpher alloy radiator.
Attachment:
golpher.jpg
After seeing the OEM top tank getting a lot more yellow in colour than when we got it, would rather pre-empt that type of failure than wait for it to happen and have it let us down.

So once all the parts arrive the task list will be of sorts:

* Timing belt, water pump, pulleys, accessory belts, etc
* Install new radiator
* Pulling the engine left (passenger side) OCV banjo filters out while timing belt is off
* Check the AVCS cams for debris
* Install dual gauge pod cluster surround
* Install in-line water sensor adapter + water gauge
* Install boost gauge (still to source gauges)
* Modding the stock cluster needles
* Have another go at vinyl wrapping the silver dash stripe
* Inspect shifter bushes/try find why the knob wobbles when cruising in 5th gear
* Take 2 at installing rear swaybar endlinks to use the "hard" setting (had clearance issues due to how long the studs are in the ball joints)

That's it for now I think, more will likely come as I remember. (I like making lists so I don't forget sh!t!)

Ortiz gauge pod :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Team DGM~

216kw

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next