Post a new topicPost a reply Page 33 of 35   [ 348 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jon's MY11 S-Edition SWP
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:05 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

Yowie wrote:
Nice work :thumbs:

How is the NVH on 18s?

Also, what are you doing with the 17" S-edition rims? (asking for a friend).
From the short drive I have done with the new wheels, there is an increase in NVH with bumps in the road more noticeable. I haven't checked the tyre pressure the shop put to see if that is contributing to it. I am thinking it is mainly due to the smaller sidewall (17mm smaller which is 14% smaller). The PS4s may have a firm sidewall as well?? Although an increase in NVH, it is nothing concerning.

I am holding onto the S-Edition wheels for now but may look to sell at some stage I think Slobbythegreat has a set of S-Edition wheels for sale, check the For Sale section.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:18 pm 

I Say: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition WR Blue

Nice move Jon. I often think I should swap out the 17" for 18" but can never seem to justify the cost. I guess the old 17" are worth a bit though if they're in good condition?

Phat-GT - Perrin RSB - PW Verticooler - HKS ES Premium - AVO Castor Correction - Liberty Brakes - Pedders Springs

Post subject: Re: Nuts & bolts question - Invidia dump
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:17 pm 

I know what you mean about trying to justify the cost of new wheels - hard to do. Wheels are more a cosmetic mod. I have tried to focus on mods that have some sort of benefit, well in my mind they have - but don't ask my wife :) Wheels were last on my to-do list so not a priority. Unless my engine has a problem, I don't plan on doing much more to my car. My jusification was that the tyres on the wheels could be used on my wife's car which if I got new would have been about $1200. Second justification was that second hand wheels don't seem to loose a lot of value so I can resell them if I go to sell my car at some stage and as such I would loose very little money, if not "make" money given the use of the tyres on my wife's car. Third was that if I sell my S-Edition wheels I could actually be ahead. Weak justification but enough for me :) Basically if you need new tyres on your wheels, you can often pick up a second hand set of wheels with OK tyres for not much more than a new set of tyres. Lastly, no mod can be clearly justified (do you really need more power, do you really need a lower car, do you really need better brakes etc) so you know you want some new wheels so go for it!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:20 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

It's not a habit, it's cool
I feel alive
If you don't have it your on
the other side
I'm not an addict (maybe that's a lie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT2SsWOCoEw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:55 pm 

I Say: There's no 'i' in Team, but there is in Winner!
Vehicle: MY10 XT

Honey.. my engine has a problem, this might cost us a bit..
Oh, whats wrong?
Doesn’t have enough kilowatts.

Problem solved!

OnlineProfile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:13 pm 

Yep Yowie - modding can be addictive :) When you get enjoyment from buying a $1.36 part from China you know you have a problem. Is there a 12 step plan I should follow?

Hahaha.... I like your thinking Tobyo! I have a list of engine mods (based on your build that is in progress) and the "might cost us a bit" is an understatement :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:22 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XT -

I did post about your wheels, not sure where the post disappeared to :dontknow: Oh well I will say it again... Nice wheels mate :thumbs: they look like they fill and sit inside the wheel arch quite nicely, you must be pretty happy with how they turned out.
Its always hard to justify spending a considerable amount of $$$ on your car,especially if there are other priority's. But with my foz, my way of justifying that is, I don't smoke or drink so I put that toward the foz. Oh wait did I say I don't drink!! what I meant to say was,!!on special occasions!! :lol: :drinks:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:02 pm 

Vehicle: MY12 XT Premium Auto White

Mtbtrail,
You forgot gambling. And the stockmarket!

I can't understand why people gamble for 'enjoyment' or professionaly. Like a mate of mine who moved to Macau!

I don't drink (much), or smoke either, except I have smoked up my tires occasionally!

My folks in law are A to B drivers and just do not get it! So the wife sides with her mum!

Hmmm, waiting on shipping date for my new Mamba turbo........... I can hear the words ringing in my ears 'how much was your new turbo?????????'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:22 am 

Forester4thetrees wrote:
Mtbtrail,
You forgot gambling. And the stockmarket!

I can't understand why people gamble for 'enjoyment' or professionaly. Like a mate of mine who moved to Macau!

I don't drink (much), or smoke either, except I have smoked up my tires occasionally!

My folks in law are A to B drivers and just do not get it! So the wife sides with her mum!

Hmmm, waiting on shipping date for my new Mamba turbo........... I can hear the words ringing in my ears 'how much was your new turbo?????????'

I guess mate ,that some could say that gambling is like our cars,an addiction. Once we start sinking money into it ,it's hard to stop.

Oooohh new turbo, will be good to see how this performs compared to what you have now and what atwkw gain you achieve out of this.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:27 am 

jonp wrote:
Hahaha.... I like your thinking Tobyo! I have a list of engine mods (based on your build that is in progress) and the "might cost us a bit" is an understatement :)

Mmmm a list of engine mods :o . Have I understood this right. you may be looking at building a new engine :?: ;)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 33 of 35   [ 348 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next