Change font size
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:16 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 8   [ 72 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Jackson's 09 XTP - Minor Update - New pics coming soon!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:24 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

jacksoncollins wrote:

I have an XForce mid pipe with a medium sized, straight through oval muffler welded in, I thought going back to the stock mid pipe would be too restrictive which is why i am avoiding that option.

I like the idea of going for tri flow mufflers because I can have the appropriate sized pipe coming from the XForce Y pipe, whereas with the stock/STI muffler option the 2.5" XForce Y pipe is stepping down to the stock sized pipe which the stock/STI mufflers use which niggles my OCD a bit, nor can it be doing much good for exhaust flow.
Not to mentioned the STI Mufflers seem to be a bit raspy. Whereas I prefer the deeper sound of Tri Flows, I'm just worried about drone again though.

Maybe what I want is an impossible setup :?

Yowie, what were you running prior to the two louvered resonators as a mid pipe?

I had the full X-force turbo back exhaust for about a week (which was enough). I then arranged for the custom mild steel mid and rear sections (keeping the X-force dump) then sold off the X-force cat-back bits.

I think you'll like a pair of tri-flow mufflers. Good entry/exit diameters and a low/mid volume mellow sound.

Post subject: Re: Jackson's 09 XTP - Minor Update - New pics coming soon!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:21 am 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

Picked up an MY18 STI sedan catback exhaust for a steal. Much much prefer this level of exhaust note, enough rumble and burble when driving around the suburbs to keep me happy but it quietens right out to almost nothing when on the freeway.

I thought I would notice a power difference switching from my X-Force 3" mid pipe to the 2.5"? stock STI mid pipe, but to my surprise I didn't, also doesn't hang as low under the car which is excellent for group clearance.

And I love the quad tips so much more then the 2 single outlets I had prior. I just need to trim up the bumper to fit the tips.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 8   [ 72 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8