Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:11 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 8   [ 76 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jackson's 09 XTP - iPhone7 Plus Camera
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:26 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XT

Hi guys.
Im new to this but sounds like you know what you talking about. I drive a 2010 XT
Looking at Xforce TB ss or mild? 3" looking at rspec worried about droning but still want power and the rex rumble. and tuning my local use Quantum tuning. I'm considering the flash tune pro hand held device $300 cheaper then quantum. With the exhaust Worried about mild steel rusting on the exhaust due to a lot of boat ramp use.

Any advise would be awesome thanks in advance :waves:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:50 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

Special wrote:
Hi guys.
Im new to this but sounds like you know what you talking about. I drive a 2010 XT
Looking at Xforce TB ss or mild? 3" looking at rspec worried about droning but still want power and the rex rumble. and tuning my local use Quantum tuning. I'm considering the flash tune pro hand held device $300 cheaper then quantum. With the exhaust Worried about mild steel rusting on the exhaust due to a lot of boat ramp use.

Any advise would be awesome thanks in advance :waves:

I like To think I know what I'm talking about. Whether that's actually the case I'll Let you judge haha.

Mild Steel to my understanding will be a bit deeper in tone and a bit more quiet due to the thickets walls of the pipe. That said it does gain surface rust pretty quickly. But I pulled my exhaust off and painted it with black with hi-temp paint for that exact reason, which as an added bonus makes the large diameter pipes a bit less obvious from the rear of the car as opposed to being silver (colour the exhaust come from xforce) against the otherwise completely black underside of the chassis/body.

As far as drone goes I do find it a little annoying on long trips, and for that reason I'm replacing the centre 'hot dog' with an oval muffler spoon. I'm also going to fully soundproof the car as well which will help.

As far as mild steel vs stainless, I can't really comment because I haven't had a stainless exhaust before. I've heard a lot of people rave about the Invidia Q300 exhaust too. But I kind of like the fact that the mild steel xforce sounds a bit deeper and more mean so to say. (The demo video on the xforce page is pretty accurate to real life sound btw).

As far as tuning goes, the general consensus is that a dyno tune or road tune will be better then any pre made map on a hand held device due to the fact that the different variables from car to car mean that the pre made tunes are wound back to be "safe" for any car and don't maximise your particular car/setup to its full potential.

I hope that all made sense/helps. Feel free to pick my brains some more of you have any other questions.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:58 pm 

HOYEO wrote:
Looks real nice mate! iPhone 7 camera looks like it goes alright too!

Any details on the mud flaps?

Yeah I'm fairly happy with the outcome of the photo for an iPhone, wasn't so long ago that iPhone photos were miles behind any digital or slr camera.

The mudflaps I made with 6mm thick sheets from Clarke Rubber and cut out using a template I found online. Which I'll try and find a link to. Hardest part was figuring out how to mount them. Rear ones were okay to mount as I just used the 5 existing holes/screws. Fronts on the other hand were a pain. I ended up mounting them behind the guard liner because the guard liner didn't allow them to sit flat.
I'm going to remake the rear ones again and make them 1.5-2" lingers because the template I used was for an Impreza and I blanked on the fact that the rear end of the forester tapers up more, thus the flaps not hanging down as far.
I'll get some better photos of the flaps and mounting hardware when I re-make the rear ones.

And for those wondering why I didn't just buy Rally Ammor ones instead of going to all the effor, I wanted them to be plain/no logos to keep the Foz looking clean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:37 am 

Thanks for the reply JacksonCollins.
Thats all made sense and very helpfull. I have herd you get a better note out of mild and its a bit cheaper but I've just been told that the mild does tend to rust from the inside out from condensation especially on short trips. I was 100% going mild but now not so sure. As for turning im in 2 minds definitely want more power but this flash tune device sounds pretty cool with all the different settings especially if i add more mods then won't have to get it tuned agagain + plus i don't trust people around my area play around with my tuning I've herd some horrible storys.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:48 am 

Special wrote:
Thanks for the reply JacksonCollins.
Thats all made sense and very helpfull. I have herd you get a better note out of mild and its a bit cheaper but I've just been told that the mild does tend to rust from the inside out from condensation especially on short trips. I was 100% going mild but now not so sure. As for tuning im in 2 minds definitely want more power but this flash tune device sounds pretty cool with all the different settings especially if i add more mods then won't have to get it tuned agagain + plus i don't trust people around my area play around with my tuning I've herd some horrible storys.

No problem glad to help out.
You should have a chat to Matt/Throttle Happy before making any final decisions on which way you go with the tune. He's a vendor on this forum and has a Facebook page as well under 'Throttle Happy Tuning Solutions'. He gets around Australia quite a lot and does both road and dyno tuning. He's tuned my car about 5 times, very knowledgable guy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:43 am 

I will do that thanks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:45 pm 

Small update, Recently purchased Hoyeo's old MCA reds, SPC rear lower control arms and a Whiteline 24mm Front Sway bar.

Is good to finally have the rear camber setup correctly, the car actually corners properly now, the new 24mm sway made a huge difference as well. Car sits far more flat and no longer lifts inside rear wheel during hard cornering.

The MCA Reds are great, much more compliant then the MCA Blues I had previously, still not quite as comfortable as I would have like, I even used Hoyeo's trick of removing the upper bushes from the Perrin subframe lockdown kit, so toying with the idea of going to either STI struts, or getting Koni inserts for the WRX suspension I still have.

Last edited by jacksoncollins on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Jackson's 09 XTP - Suspension Updates
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:39 pm 

I Say: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition WR Blue

Great list of tasteful mods :ok: . Love the look of your Foz Jackson, and I kinda want your rims haha!

Phat-GT - Perrin RSB - PW Verticooler - HKS ES Premium - AVO Castor Correction - Liberty Brakes - Pedders Springs

Post subject: Re: Jackson's 09 XTP
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:16 am 

Just wanted to let everyone know I have order the new 2011+ (new model with higher front spring perch) WRX Koni Shocks with Kings Standard Height WRX Front and Raised Height WRX Rear Springs for my SH!

The Standard height kings in the front lift the wrx it by 1/4-1/2" and the rear raised height kings lift the wrx by 1.3".

Hoping to run the setup with no spacers and have it sit level, fingers crossed!
When I called Kings here in Australia they initially didn't know what I was talking about as the Standard height and raised height WRX springs are not offered to the Australian market. After chasing up the part numbers off Rallitek's website I was please to be informed they could custom make me a set! 3-4 week wait on these.

Kings part numbers for those interested.

Kings 08+ WRX/STI Springs
Front Standard Height: KING-KSFS-52
Rear Raised Height: KING-KSRR-53

This does mean my MCA Reds will be up for grabs in 4/5 weeks.

Last edited by jacksoncollins on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Jackson's 09 XTP - Another Suspension Update
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:01 pm 

I Say: Once was
Vehicle: Previously SH...

Guessing the MCA reds ended up being slightly too harsh for daily driving?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 8   [ 76 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next