Change font size
It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:08 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 8   [ 76 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Jackson's 09 XTP - Minor Update - New pics coming soon!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:24 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

jacksoncollins wrote:

I have an XForce mid pipe with a medium sized, straight through oval muffler welded in, I thought going back to the stock mid pipe would be too restrictive which is why i am avoiding that option.

I like the idea of going for tri flow mufflers because I can have the appropriate sized pipe coming from the XForce Y pipe, whereas with the stock/STI muffler option the 2.5" XForce Y pipe is stepping down to the stock sized pipe which the stock/STI mufflers use which niggles my OCD a bit, nor can it be doing much good for exhaust flow.
Not to mentioned the STI Mufflers seem to be a bit raspy. Whereas I prefer the deeper sound of Tri Flows, I'm just worried about drone again though.

Maybe what I want is an impossible setup :?

Yowie, what were you running prior to the two louvered resonators as a mid pipe?

I had the full X-force turbo back exhaust for about a week (which was enough). I then arranged for the custom mild steel mid and rear sections (keeping the X-force dump) then sold off the X-force cat-back bits.

I think you'll like a pair of tri-flow mufflers. Good entry/exit diameters and a low/mid volume mellow sound.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:21 am 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

Picked up an MY18 STI sedan catback exhaust for a steal. Much much prefer this level of exhaust note, enough rumble and burble when driving around the suburbs to keep me happy but it quietens right out to almost nothing when on the freeway.

I thought I would notice a power difference switching from my X-Force 3" mid pipe to the 2.5"? stock STI mid pipe, but to my surprise I didn't, also doesn't hang as low under the car which is excellent for group clearance.

And I love the quad tips so much more then the 2 single outlets I had prior. I just need to trim up the bumper to fit the tips.

Post subject: Re: Jackson's 09 XTP - Another Suspension Update
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:31 pm 

jacksoncollins wrote:
Gracilis wrote:
Hey mate, how is your current suspension set up coming along? Did it end up leveling out as you'd hoped?

The suspension came out great actually. The Kings WRX Standard front and Raised Rear spring look great. Slightly higher in the rear which is perfect for when I have a boot load/trailer. I'm running the Koni's at full soft which is nice for the daily driving. Still hits pretty hard when I hit a bigger bump but I guess that is expected with a 'WRX' suspension setup.

I'm toying with maybe switching to Pedders or Tein Hi Tech springs and running them on the WRX Koni's to see if i can get it a little softer but i will be sacrificing my ride height a little. but I'm not sure if the Forester spec springs will fit in the Koni's happily.

I'll grab some photos of the setup soon for you guys!

Noticed you've switched to SJ struts and lowered springs. How does your car sit with them on and how do you rate them? I'm getting fed up with my current set-up (SH KYB struts and Tein lowered springs), when I add a bit of weight in the rear it hits the bump stops whenever I hit bigger bumps or go over speed humps.

I've also had an Invidia mid-pipe paired up with AVO mufflers. Even adding a mid-muffler there was too much drone, although sound deadening the doors did help a fair bit. I've now reverted back to stock mid-pipe but with the sound deadening, its a bit too quiet ahah. Can you comment whether the 2018 STI mid pipe is the same layout as the foz SH and will pair up with our stock mufflers? Wonder if adding just the STI mid-pipe will improve the sound of the exhaust.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:57 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

Some Parts for sale

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=58690

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:44 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

Gracilis wrote:
Noticed you've switched to SJ struts and lowered springs. How does your car sit with them on and how do you rate them?

I am also keen to know what you think of this setup.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:49 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

Gracilis wrote:
I'm getting fed up with my current set-up (SH KYB struts and Tein lowered springs), when I add a bit of weight in the rear it hits the bump stops whenever I hit bigger bumps or go over speed humps.

Did you cut the bump stops in half as recommended? This gives you a bit more travel until the "thump".

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 8   [ 76 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8