Change font size
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 10:42 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 58 of 60   [ 593 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: dwee's '09 XTP SWP - Winton
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:53 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

There's something so cool about seeing a Forester driven hard, knowing full well you could fit the rest of the family in there and scoot down to the shops afterwards. Wouldn't mind taking mine out to Lakeside for some happy laps one day. I'll probably wait until I've got the STi rack and front swaybar first.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:44 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP & MY16 BT50

Updated the YouTube links, apparently some of you had trouble viewing it. I also included the link to the videos so I hope that works. Let me know if it doesn't.

JamesMR_ wrote:
There's something so cool about seeing a Forester driven hard, knowing full well you could fit the rest of the family in there and scoot down to the shops afterwards. Wouldn't mind taking mine out to Lakeside for some happy laps one day. I'll probably wait until I've got the STi rack and front swaybar first.

It's something different and is more of a challenge in some aspects (Bram might say otherwise :lol:) compared to the usual typical track cars such as EVOs, WRXs etc. The reason I went with the Forester was that it was a boxer turbo, different and practical but I could still have some fun if I wanted a spirited drive. Tracking was already in my system prior.

Because I upgraded/installed mods slowly over time, I found it handy to compare/assess which mod did what and how much did it help/improve. I think taking it the track even stock was a good learning experience for me because you've got a base line to work off. It also limits the capacity of the car (if you mod part by part over time and not all at once), which can force you to look in other areas for you to improve. I would be interested to see what Kyle (H-are) can do in my car :lol:

Previous: '09 ZRE152 ZR (click)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:45 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

great videos :thumbs:

Post subject: dwee's '09 XTP SWP - Winton
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:20 am 

Yowie wrote:
great videos :thumbs:

:thumbs: still so much to learn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:18 am 

I Say: There's no 'i' in Team, but there is in Winner!
Vehicle: MY10 XT

dwee. wrote:
It's something different and is more of a challenge in some aspects (Bram might say otherwise :lol:) compared to the usual typical track cars such as EVOs, WRXs etc. The reason I went with the Forester was that it was a boxer turbo, different and practical but I could still have some fun if I wanted a spirited drive. Tracking was already in my system prior.

And not to mention.. you can comfortably fit two baby seats in the back :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:59 pm 

Tobyo wrote:
dwee. wrote:

Whose babies? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:32 pm 

I Say: There's no 'i' in Team, but there is in Winner!
Vehicle: MY10 XT

dwee. wrote:
Tobyo wrote:
dwee. wrote:

Whose babies? :lol:

Don't deny it.. after marriage that's next :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:55 pm 

Tobyo wrote:
Don't deny it.. after marriage that's next :lol:

:lol: missus wants a RS4 wagon for the family car... :o

A quick update,

I met up with Phil (hired-goon) about 1.5 months ago when he came down for work and he made an Arduino unit for me to correct the steering angle sensor with the 2.4 quick rack. I haven't modified the case to install the unit into it yet - things have been super busy for me. No photos but I will take some and post them up! I should work on this and install it sometime too.

I have returned the excess -4AN Aeroflow oil lines and fittings (from my oil pressure & temp install) and ordered the 16 row Aeroflow oil cooler. I just need to order a thermostatic sandwich plate (thinking Mocal) with spacer, -10AN oil lines and work out exactly how to mount the cooler. I'm thinking of getting rid of the hella horns (maybe relocate) and installing the cooler behind the grill with some (my) custom mounting brackets.

In other (non-foz related) news, my missus got me a rally experience voucher for my birthday last year. I managed to do it last Saturday week. It was 16 laps with the instructor and then the pro takes you for a hot lap! Great fun and completely different to the track/circuit! Videos below.

https://youtu.be/SgKd22WZbKc

https://youtu.be/_JOOWo42SPg

Thanks for looking!

Pete.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:01 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

Great videos once again. That rally track looks a fair bit tighter (in terms of tyre walls etc) than the Ipswich equivalent.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:18 am 

Vehicle: S-Edition

Best top 3 he had!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 58 of 60   [ 593 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next