It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:23 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 51 of 61   [ 603 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: dwee's '09 XTP SWP - JDM GVB STI Quick Rack
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:46 am 

I Say: This one is staying stock...
Vehicle: GC8Track/NFIIFairlane/MY12STi

That is a good shot!

Ive got heaps of track pics printed out, even a few on canvas in the garage.

GC8 Track build - http://ozfoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=43199
NFII Fairlane
PX Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:51 am 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

I think the suspension on the passenger side has a problem as it has dropped a couple of inches :)

Great photo - definitely worth getting printing and hanging in the lounge room for all to see.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:35 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP & MY16 BT50

H-are wrote:
That is a good shot!

Ive got heaps of track pics printed out, even a few on canvas in the garage.

Thanks H, I will have to get it printed out on canvas!

jonp wrote:
I think the suspension on the passenger side has a problem as it has dropped a couple of inches :)

Great photo - definitely worth getting printing and hanging in the lounge room for all to see.

Hahaha because racecar.. :lol:

Over the last few months, I have been deciding that I will track the foz another 1 or 2 times early next year at Winton. It will then retire to become the family car for the next several years. Once the family grows bigger and the family car needs an upgrade or the foz dies, I will strip the foz, put a full cage, seats, belts etc and rebuild if required.

Previous: '09 ZRE152 ZR (click)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:36 pm 

4 YEARS OF OWNERSHIP TODAY! Longer than my relationship with the missus! :lol:

Anyhoo, I recently bought the BlackVue DR750S 2 channel dash camera for peace of mind (since I only had single channel front camera previously). With a bit of mucking around, I worked out a way to cleanly install the line to the back camera. I let the photos do the talking but I found the hardest part was probably from the body to the boot door (but now I know, I will be quicker next time! Haha).

To check if it was neat enough for Toby's standards, I flicked him photos and he gave me his approval! :lol:

With the old single channel camera, I'm going to install it on my work ute.

ImageRear Dash Camera Install by dwee., on Flickr

In other news,

- I have finally bought the missing driver's side seat cover & lever of my driver's RS seat from the stealership. It will be nice to get it completed.

- I also bought the Subaru galley plugs. I have finally my ar$e into gear to get these gauges installed. I haven't confirmed measurements but I am hoping to fit the aftermarket oil pressure sensor under the alternator with a few fittings. I still need to get the actual dash surround out (I haven't done it before but apparently it's easy) and obviously run the wiring.

- I have been casing out what I need to install the STI quick rack and have been watching/reading. One guy ordered replacement seals, took a part his rack and installed new seals to stop his leak (apparently common?). Speaking to the tech from Subaru about his replacement kit and he said to best check the little nooks etc to see if the quick rack was leaking previously. So I will have to look and see, but I think it might be worth getting the kit in case I get stuck during the swap. He also told me the replacement kit would cost $153.... Partsouq had it for approx. $60 shipped and converted to AUD! :lol:

- Seeing how I have not heard anything from Subaru regarding the airbag recall since I mailed back their form, I called up to see what was happening. The person on the phone said they were waiting for more to clear customs... but will try push me forward seeing I have two recalls to be fixed (the air pump relay). I have heard and seen photos of damaged dashes from the Forester Facebook groups and especially from the Liberty guys. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for looking,

Cheers, Pete.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:11 pm 

I Say: Once was
Vehicle: Previously SH...

Great work - tempted to get cameras also. :thumbs: Good to hear you passed the Tobyo test :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:46 pm 

I Say: There's no 'i' in Team, but there is in Winner!
Vehicle: MY10 XT

After seeing Pete’s neat install, I now give my install the head shake of disapproval

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:29 pm 

Vehicle: MY12 XT Premium Auto White

Well done Pete,
I have had the BlackVue DR750S 2 channel dash camera/s installed for a year now, in My12 SH XTP.

Previously had same BlackVue in our Polo GTi and we were rear ended on the Warrego Hwy by a B Double, it shunted and wrote off several cars, utes/twin cabs behind us and our BlackVue captured it all. Sent a copy to the Police and our insurer. Our claim never doubted and expedited our repair too. Police acknowledged we were all blessed to be alive. So BlackVue for the win here!

More on the STi rack please!

Cheers Al

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:27 pm 

clayq wrote:
Great work - tempted to get cameras also. :thumbs: Good to hear you passed the Tobyo test :lol:

Yeah, I think cameras are a good buy. If something does happen, you cover the costs straight away. If not, it's always good to have peace of mind! I won't lie, I had to try real hard to pass that test :lol:

Tobyo wrote:
After seeing Pete’s neat install, I now give my install the head shake of disapproval

Hahaha now now, don't be like that... the rest of your car is immaculate! I can always give you a hand if you really want to revisit your install, it's not too hard. :)

Forester4thetrees wrote:
Well done Pete,
I have had the BlackVue DR750S 2 channel dash camera/s installed for a year now, in My12 SH XTP.

Previously had same BlackVue in our Polo GTi and we were rear ended on the Warrego Hwy by a B Double, it shunted and wrote off several cars, utes/twin cabs behind us and our BlackVue captured it all. Sent a copy to the Police and our insurer. Our claim never doubted and expedited our repair too. Police acknowledged we were all blessed to be alive. So BlackVue for the win here!

More on the STi rack please!

Cheers Al

Damn, you're really lucky to be still here today! Yeah, I know how good of a tool it is. Missus' GTI got hit and run but we found out by using the dash cam it was the house owner where she was parked! When I knocked on the door, they obviously denied it straight away but folded when I said I have it on camera.

Will do, I will update my progress on the rack as I go, as normal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:35 pm 

A closer inspection on the STI quick rack, it doesn't look too bad actually. No obvious signs of leaks etc from when it was on the previous car. I might have to look more into the inner tie rods as one of the ball joints seems to move a bit easier than the other side. I will have to take a closer look when I take it a part to replace the seals - which I will order the replacement kit today.

ImageGVB STI Quick Rack by dwee., on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:34 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP

I’d be keen to see how you mounted the front camera.

I got my 750S 2 Ch installed the other week too.

Sadly I couldn’t fully tuck the front wires out of sight.

See bad photo below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 51 of 61   [ 603 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 61  Next