Change font size
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 47 of 49   [ 485 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: YNO - MY06 XT Foz - Wakefield times are in!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:28 am 

Vehicle: MY06 XT - Black

I've noticed over the past month that fuel economy has taken a nose dive... It's already not great on E85, but currently at about 16.8 L/100! Also seems to be running .5 to .7 leaner according to the AEM A/F gauge. I dno't have my tactrix atm, so can't do a learning view, although I'll do that this weekend.

The car is at 175000k's, so I'm thinking it's time to replace the MAF and front O2 sensor. Any benefit in replacing the rear O2 sensor too?

Also gearing up to ditch the stupid Competition Clutch. I'll be installing an XTreme HD clutch I got from ExRex ages ago after he went 6 speed. Back to a factory flywheel too (althought out of an SH, which I assume won't be an issue... Hopefully!).

FC RX7 Track Build

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:54 am 

Vehicle: MY04 XT white

S2-13BT wrote:
Back from paint... Fantastic job, it looks great. I'm thinking of doing the headlights while I'm at it, and it's currently my wife's daily, so not sure how soon I'll get to fit it. It had horrible black plastidip on it for the past couple years. I hate that stuff!

Love the car dude, if I may ask who ended up doing the paint for you? Never see this car around Canberra, think I need to get out more :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:18 am 

Just a back yard painter... A damn good one though! It's not my place to give his name out, but if you're serious about getting something done, just shoot me a PM and I can forward some details.

FC RX7 Track Build

Post subject: Re: YNO - MY06 XT Foz - Project Refinement.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:41 am 

Project Refinement (or, undo all the sh*t I've done up to now) can now commence. We've finally sorted a new daily for the wife (VE II Calais V, so quiet and nice) after hers bit the dust, so now I have the Foz back, I plan to start making it a nicer car to live with. At the moment it crashes over bumps in the road, has rattles and vibrations all through it, bad wind noise through the front windows, is too loud, etc. Basically NVH is terrible!! That one day I actually got out to Wakefield, it was awesome. It's just a shame all roads aren't nice and smooth like that.

I've now accepted that the car is not a racecar! :lol: So, more compliant bushes will be going back in the car as a first step. First up is going to be installing Group N rubber bushings in the rear lateral arms. The rear end is a problem area currently. I've got the STI lateral arms with the spherical bearings, and I'm sure they're a little past their life expectancy. I'll look at replacing the castor offset rear mount on the front control arm with a non offset Whiteline OEM style replacement (not liquid filled though). And regrease all the shifter linkage bushes, cause there's some squeaks in there atm.

2nd step, I'm not 100% sure yet, but I may try moving the rear BC springs to the front and getting softer springs to go back on the rear, and raising the car up a little.

Considering a full spacer delete too. And will probably do a bunch of sound deadening on the interior.

While all this is happening, the Competition Stage 2 clutch is coming out and being replaced by an Xtreme HD clutch and OEM flywheel. That should be much nicer to daily on. Might take the engine out to do the swap (because I don't want to leave the car sitting outside up on stands, and it won't fit in the garage!). Also, the engine is a bit noisy, so might look at servicing the heads or something. That's probably where most of the noise is coming from?? And it's at 177000kms. While it's out I can look at the up pipe, because of a broken heat shield. Might just do PSR equal length headers with up pipe and then retune... Back on 98. E85 is great stuff, but not super practical for a daily.

Then I might sell it!! :shock: Not too sure yet. Mid life crisis time... I'm keen for an LS or Barra Turbo. I think I want to move away from 4 cylinders for a while.

FC RX7 Track Build

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:14 pm 

Vehicle: Evo IX GT wagon

Make it nice to drive again and you might just keep it :)

www.instagram.com/uzumaki.garage

Post subject: Re: YNO - MY06 XT Foz - Project Refinement.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:44 pm 

Vehicle: Black My07 XT

S2-13BT wrote:
I've now accepted that the car is not a racecar! :lol: So, more compliant bushes will be going back in the car as a first step. First up is going to be installing Group N rubber bushings in the rear lateral arms. The rear end is a problem area currently. I've got the STI lateral arms with the spherical bearings, and I'm sure they're a little past their life expectancy.

if they are what i think they are you will need to get something fabed up to allow you to use the group n bushes. the holes where the spherical bearings go are much larger. i had some inserts made up to reduce the hole down to a 34mm hole again. got them done by a mates dad for $10 a sleeve. i have group n bushes on order for mine. i will most likely use the laterals on the car and just swap the bushed over to the group n ones and press the other bushes in to the spare set that i removed the pillowballs from and sell as they dont have the hid leveler bracket.

For Sale.
Polisher, Exhaust, STi Alloy Rear Lateral Links, Sub boxes + more

For Sale.
Leather seats, Early and Late Fog Lights

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:24 am 

That sucks. Maybe an excuse to buy a lathe!! Haha!!

FC RX7 Track Build

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:15 pm 

Third gear decided it no longer wants to play... Gave it a little gas and BANG!

Real PITA!

FC RX7 Track Build

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:25 pm 

Vehicle: Evo IX GT wagon

oh no! 6 speed conversion time?

www.instagram.com/uzumaki.garage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:04 pm 

Vehicle: MY01 GT-silver

Now its real part out time!!
Down to the shell.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 47 of 49   [ 485 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next