Change font size
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 84 of 84   [ 837 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84
 Post subject: Re: Tobyo's 09 XT - New STI seats / PG80
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:06 pm 

I Say: There's no 'i' in Team, but there is in Winner!
Vehicle: MY10 XT

Yes I have come across that. Now that I’ve done a back flip on my TMIC sprayer I’ve changed to four of the smallest meth injection nozzles which will be distributed actoss the W2A radiator. Using the arduino I’ll simply have the pump activated based on PSI and run for a pre determined time. Once I get data from the IAT sensors it wont be too hard to work out, PSI x running time = X amount of pump duration to remove the aquired heat soak. I’ll be running a thermo fan which will switch on below a set speed (ie 40km) so the w2a radiator will always have air flow.

Last edited by Tobyo on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:19 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

Be careful mate. If your neighbours know that your car has meth it will be broken into every night :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 am 

Yeah, it’s a real risk i’ll have to take into consideration. I might end up being pursued ‘Mad Max’ style down the HWY by clapped out 90’s Hyundai’s operated by foaming and ranting meth heads.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:15 pm 

I Say: Plan for tomorrow,Live for TODAY!
Vehicle: MY12 XT

It was interesting to note that the Intercoolers are also a heat sink, that aids the efficiency. I was looking at a thermo fan as well on my TMIC. I am looking at having it set up so that it get triggered at a certain temp..... There are sooooo many variables.

VF-52 with Lava blanket, 11psi WG Spring, Company23 EBCS, 3" Mishimoto CAI, PSR Intake, Ceramic Headers & UP Lava wrapped, Ceramic DP, Large TMIC, GFB BOV, Grimmspeed AOS, 3" TBE, F&R Whiteline HD Anti-Sway bars, DW65C, ID1050x, Exedy HD Clutch, DBA F&R T3s - Pmu NS400S, Short shifter,Pitch Stop Mount, KiddoRacing 18psi Tune for E85(FF Shifting & Launch Ctrl)-220kw atw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:49 am 

Last night I test fitted the Blouch 1.5 XTR and took some photos of the air pump crossover pipe which needs to be removed when fitting a turbo with a larger compressor housing. It will contact the pipe preventing the turbine flange from sitting flush on the up pipe.
Now of course I only removed it for informative purposes only and promptly reinstalled it shortly after. I took a large hammer to the beatuifully crafted Blouch housing and proceeded to furiously belt it in order to create the necessary clearance. We take cold start emissions seriously here.

Last edited by Tobyo on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Tobyo's 09 XT - Blouch Install / PG84
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:16 am 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP & MY16 BT50

Great work Toby! Loving your constant updates, makes me want to work on mine again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Previous: '09 ZRE152 ZR (click)

Post subject: Re: Tobyo's 09 XT - Blouch Install / PG84
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:08 pm 

Finished the machining of the intake vents. I plan to seal off the inner drivers guard to prevent the heat from the headers pre heating my water reservoir and intake. If you’ve taken the SH bumper off you would have seen these floppy foam pieces which are meant to prevent air from spilling behind the bumper and direct it into the radiator. They are as effective as using a tea spoon to bail out the water from the titanic, so I want to try and make a decent panel either side of the radiator to stop the air spilling out sideways.
The point of all this is that there wont be much air flow to the in guard intake hence making these vents.
The stainless mesh with be powder coated black and the aluminium anodized black.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 84 of 84   [ 837 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84