Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:31 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 93 of 98   [ 977 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 98  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tobyo's 09 XT - New IAT housing / PG92
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:21 pm 

I Say: Ozfoz Courier Service - Newcastle Office
Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

I will find a Babel fish to put in my ear. Maybe that will help to translate what all of that meant lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Team DGM~

216kw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:04 am 

I Say: Plan for tomorrow,Live for TODAY!
Vehicle: MY12 XT

Hey Tobyo,
What type of power are you looking at putting down?? This is going to be a beast.

I am interested in what you will be doing for the transmission, axles etc.....

VF-52 with Lava blanket, 11psi WG Spring, Company23 EBCS, 3" Mishimoto CAI, PSR Intake, Ceramic Headers & UP Lava wrapped, Ceramic DP, Large TMIC, GFB BOV, Grimmspeed AOS, 3" TBE, F&R Whiteline HD Anti-Sway bars, DW65C, ID1050x, Exedy HD Clutch, DBA F&R T3s - Pmu NS400S, Short shifter,Pitch Stop Mount, KiddoRacing 18psi Tune for E85(FF Shifting & Launch Ctrl)-220kw atw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:21 am 

I Say: There's no 'i' in Team, but there is in Winner!
Vehicle: MY10 XT

Im trying to aim for a nice responsive street car. Estimate around 280kw at the wheels (e85), nothing too fancy.
Not touching the driveline as its out of budget and I have bucket loads of mechanical sympathy. A friend has a 270kw atw Subi which he takes to track days on the stock five speed box, never had an issue.
‘Got It Rex’ test mule for their 11,000RPM EJ motor (de stroked) was running 400kw atw on a five speed. It finally let go at 550kw atw on the dyno.
I know thats a different kettle of fish as its a different type of power output, but gives me a little more confidence :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:34 am 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:43 am 

I Say: Plan for tomorrow,Live for TODAY!
Vehicle: MY12 XT

Are you looking at keeping the Exedy Plates then ?

My mechanic was saying that the heavy Duty was good to 200kw atw, which is where I am at. But the next step up is ceramic, which appears from feedback, can be very bitey for regular street use.

Some other forums also complained about stripping the 1st & second gears, in a five speed, so hardened components were recommended. Then focus moved to the axles..... another thread entirely.

I am curious, cause the next steps for mine would need to be looking at what may need to be upgraded further down the driveline, as you said, can be a big hit on the budget.

VF-52 with Lava blanket, 11psi WG Spring, Company23 EBCS, 3" Mishimoto CAI, PSR Intake, Ceramic Headers & UP Lava wrapped, Ceramic DP, Large TMIC, GFB BOV, Grimmspeed AOS, 3" TBE, F&R Whiteline HD Anti-Sway bars, DW65C, ID1050x, Exedy HD Clutch, DBA F&R T3s - Pmu NS400S, Short shifter,Pitch Stop Mount, KiddoRacing 18psi Tune for E85(FF Shifting & Launch Ctrl)-220kw atw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:34 pm 

I have a HD Exedy organic Clutch going in which the tuner said is more than enough for 290kwatw. I never plan to launch it off the limiter or track day it. So no need for fancy clutches.
My stock clutch has never slipped once even while towing a fully laden trailer many times. And thats with 200kw atw.

I also don’t plan to place any stickers on the car, so certainly wont get that extra low down hectik gear box shattering street performance

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:07 pm 

After rotating the blouch compressor housing I had to make up a new actuator bracket. Looks rather straight forward but caused a few headaches along the way

Post subject: Re: Tobyo's 09 XT - Custom actuator bracket / PG93
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:37 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Please fill those slots where the fold is with weld. It would be a shame if it snapped off

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:56 pm 

You mean like this? Of course it’s infilled (with a few passes). Not many places have a bender capable of 4mm stainless so I intentionally put in the slits keeping 2mm tabs. Using a vice and my massive 70kg frame was able to just get them into position without getting a hernia.
You may notice the additional suport I put in to support the bracket on top. That’s actually Version 1 in the photo, Version 2 has two support rods as there still was a tiny amount of movement.

Last edited by Tobyo on Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:01 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Very nice.

You could carefully drill/tap the compressor cover to add a bolt inplace of using the brace tubes coming from the turbine. The standard holes are simply tapped into the casting arent they.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 93 of 98   [ 977 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 98  Next