Change font size
It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 4:42 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 415 of 418   [ 4171 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 412, 413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418  Next
 Post subject: Re: ExRex WRB MY09 XTP - Worn Centre Diff? Pg414
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:25 pm 

I Say: I f'kn love driving on LSD!
Vehicle: MY09 XTP WRB 6MT

^^ Really well, thanks for asking. Had a great weekend, drove really well in the wet and dry, finally launched the Foz consistently like a champ (who still has a little mechanical sympathy) and came home with a class win trophy and Top Ten shootout placing ;)
Plenty of great photos and vids... Hanging to do a big update to this thread but still under the pump with work, and holidays, lol.

MY09 XTP 6MT WRB | 242kW | 'Forged' | ECUTEK RaceRom 98+E85 | STi 6MT | ID1000's | AEM CAI | Perrin Inlet | MRT TMIC | Killer B ELH | PTP Blanket | BNR EVO3 16G | TCP TBE | BBS RS-GT (street) | SSR TypeC (track) | Brembo | Cusco | KiDo | Whiteline | STi | KartBoy | Prova | Saikou Michi | Ganador
GARAGE SALE HEL Rear Lines, SH9 4.44 R160, Liberty 3.9 R160

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:39 pm 

I Say: Please install indicators on ALL cars!!
Vehicle: MY07 XT - Silver

Good stuff mate and congratz on the results :thumbs: Looks like all your effort is paying off.

Looking forward to an update when you get a spare second :)

01G 'Silver' MY07 XTM | Genuine STi Front Bar + Grille | Genuine Forester STi Struts + Pink Springs | LGT F+R Brakes | STi TMIC | 3.5" X-Force TBE + Varex | 19x8 Advanti Chasers | Whiteline RSB + Endlinks + HD Mounts | Whiteline Front Strut Brace | Alpine iPod Deck + Cradle + Amps + Sub |

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:10 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XT

I know I'm late to the party but sound exactly like the centre diff, I had the same problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:32 am 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP & MY16 BT50

Congrats again Russ, you're so busy these days haha.

It looks like my centre diff might be doing this as well... I get a noise on very slow, tight right turns and not always either!

Previous: '09 ZRE152 ZR (click)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:14 pm 

Vehicle: Black My07 XT

needs an update. whats been going on mate.

For Sale.
Polisher, Exhaust, STi Alloy Rear Lateral Links, Sub boxes + more

For Sale.
Leather seats, Early and Late Fog Lights

Post subject: Re: ExRex's WR Blue MY09 XTP - Details of the 'Build' Pg 190
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:02 am 

I Say: What goes around comes around
Vehicle: MY12 S-Edition Forester

ExRex wrote:
We've had what seems like 48 hours of rain here in Adelaide but I took the Foz out for a quick spin just to test a few of the RaceRom features properly and make the most of the cold wet air. Still running E85, turned off traction control and found a few fast roundabouts - the Foz definitely boots hard!

Flat Foot Shifting definitely works, but just feels weird - I need to practice it a fair bit more before I use it for performance benefits because at the moment it just takes too much thought to undo 20+ years of driving instinct.

Launch Control is nuts. 1st gear, clutch in with foot to the floor, and you get bwap, bwap, bwap, bwap as it bounces around 4,500rpm and holds about 10psi, then release the clutch and launch :shock: It was wet so all 4 instantly lit up - will have to give it a try in the dry a couple of times before the next hillclimb to work out the best take off without wheelspin. That was with TC off.

I also spent last night going over the engine bay giving everything the once over after the rebuild. Found one clamp on the TMIC that wasn't happy going tight so replaced it and then started on the Liberty engine bay covers from the epic GB which arrived earlier in the week. The ABS cover went on no problems, but the battery cover needed a little modification but came up fine in the end. Rather than leave a big gaping hole where the CAI pipe is I put the factory air duct/cover back on to keep things looking tidy - figured it might also push a little air down past the turbo and TMIC which can't hurt :thumbs:

UPDATE: Finally got some decent pics!

Hi Russ, any chance you could tell me part numbers and where you got the ABS covers from? Thanks

Post subject: Re: ExRex's WR Blue MY09 XTP - Details of the 'Build' Pg 190
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:17 am 

I Say: I f'kn love driving on LSD!
Vehicle: MY09 XTP WRB 6MT

Berjo wrote:
ExRex wrote:
We've had what seems like 48 hours of rain here in Adelaide but I took the Foz out for a quick spin just to test a few of the RaceRom features properly and make the most of the cold wet air. Still running E85, turned off traction control and found a few fast roundabouts - the Foz definitely boots hard!

Flat Foot Shifting definitely works, but just feels weird - I need to practice it a fair bit more before I use it for performance benefits because at the moment it just takes too much thought to undo 20+ years of driving instinct.

Launch Control is nuts. 1st gear, clutch in with foot to the floor, and you get bwap, bwap, bwap, bwap as it bounces around 4,500rpm and holds about 10psi, then release the clutch and launch :shock: It was wet so all 4 instantly lit up - will have to give it a try in the dry a couple of times before the next hillclimb to work out the best take off without wheelspin. That was with TC off.

I also spent last night going over the engine bay giving everything the once over after the rebuild. Found one clamp on the TMIC that wasn't happy going tight so replaced it and then started on the Liberty engine bay covers from the epic GB which arrived earlier in the week. The ABS cover went on no problems, but the battery cover needed a little modification but came up fine in the end. Rather than leave a big gaping hole where the CAI pipe is I put the factory air duct/cover back on to keep things looking tidy - figured it might also push a little air down past the turbo and TMIC which can't hurt :thumbs:

UPDATE: Finally got some decent pics!

Hi Russ, any chance you could tell me part numbers and where you got the ABS covers from? Thanks

Sorry, too busy right now to dig up the link but just search the group buy section - you'll find all you need in there ;)

MY09 XTP 6MT WRB | 242kW | 'Forged' | ECUTEK RaceRom 98+E85 | STi 6MT | ID1000's | AEM CAI | Perrin Inlet | MRT TMIC | Killer B ELH | PTP Blanket | BNR EVO3 16G | TCP TBE | BBS RS-GT (street) | SSR TypeC (track) | Brembo | Cusco | KiDo | Whiteline | STi | KartBoy | Prova | Saikou Michi | Ganador
GARAGE SALE HEL Rear Lines, SH9 4.44 R160, Liberty 3.9 R160

Post subject: Re: ExRex's WR Blue MY09 XTP - Collingrove Hillclimb WinterCup 2
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:06 pm 

I Say: What goes around comes around
Vehicle: MY12 S-Edition Forester

ExRex wrote:
ExRex wrote:
ECUTEK is proving difficult to log as suspected. I've tried CAN logging to USB via the Tactrix, I've tried direct to RomRaider but it doesn't recognise the ECU. I emailed TH this morning to see if he'd found a way with ECUTEK and he suggested ECUTEK changes the ECU ID so RomRaider has no reference point as to what to log, and to try using the SD card with SSMK instead of SSMCAN at the top of the LogCfg.txt, so it ignores the ECU ID. Will load it tonight and see if it works tomorrow - Thanks once again TH for the advice.

It works, I'm logging again! All that was needed was to change the first line of the LogCfg.txt file from "type = ssmcan" to "type = ssmk". From memory, it's changing from CAN logging to KLINE logging. The only drawback is its refresh rate (time between lines of data) is much slower so I'll have a look at removing a lot of the parameters I don't need to log day-to-day, or for WOT runs. I think TH is gonna come back to me with some suggestions for parameters... I'll give it a try tonight with only the ones I regularly monitor :)

While I trust my ECUTEK tunes are running nice and safe, I kinda feel like I've been flying blind without the occasional data logs. Will be interesting to see how it all looks on WOT and to generate some new Virtual Dyno plots for comparison :thumbs:

Oh, had another cold start issue with E85 again this morning ay 6°C. Took about 10 goes again to get it to start, at which point I could hear the battery was starting to struggle. Will need a can of Start Ya Bastard, or revert back to BP98 during the coldest months perhaps :dontknow:

So, what's E85? And what's the difference 98 octane at the pump? Where do you get E85 from? Been a car modder for around 20 years and I've always used 98 at the pump, or avgas in my rotaries.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:44 pm 

Vehicle: Rather not say...

85% ethanol, I think race cars all use it. Doesn't burn as hot so you can push your engine harder + other benefits that I'm not really schooled in. A lot of people say turbo cars spool quicker too. Burns quicker so mileage goes down

GONE: MY13 Spec R - black

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:38 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

E85 is ethanol and petrol blend, with upto 85% ethanol content. It Has a higher octane, (around 107). Which means it resists detonation alot better than premium umleaded. It has a greater cylinder cooling ability due to the need to use more of it. You need approx 1/3 more volume to do the same as petrol. And that added volume of fuel being atomised has a great cooling effect on the incoming air into the engine. I believe it actually burns slower than petrol. (Slower flame speed.) Its incredibly popular among turbo tuner cars because of the benifits listed above.

Down sides are availability. Not many servos sell it. Its supposedly hydroscopic and can absorb moisture into it. Although i tend to think this is made worse by the internet than it actually is??? And the added cost of modifing the fuel system, although this is mostly a non-issue as you need to upgrade the fuel system at some level of performance, regardless of what fuel you run.

People call it corn juice becausr in america it is made from corn. But i think in australia its made from sugar cane.

Ive been on dedicated e85 for around 5+ years now i think. Love it.

Last edited by Bram on Fri May 12, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 415 of 418   [ 4171 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 412, 413, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418  Next