Change font size
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:37 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 429 of 429   [ 4290 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 425, 426, 427, 428, 429
 Post subject: Re: Yeti Sled. 412 HP@W
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:53 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

So I got to measuring the intake clearances and they are all with-in the range made by Subaru. The sizes I need range between 4.42 and 4.73mm.

So that means just 1 of 16 are outside the range made by Subaru.

I have placed an order with Partsouq for the required shims. Amd i got a coupke of extras for the sizes that measured half way between available sizes, just incase. But for some reason one size (4.48mm) is not available, even though they list the part number. I had a look on japan parts and they dont list it. And i had a look at the Suabru Parts Depot and Subaru Genuine Parts site and they want like $60 to send 1 shim over. So i might try Subaru Aus.

So apart from the missing 4.48mm lifter, amd the one exhaust which is too big. It looks like the heads are pretty much sorted now. The one exhaust clearance thats too big is only about 0.04mm or 0.0015", so it may be possible to lap it into shape? 1.5 thou is not a massive amount.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:06 pm 

I Say: Needs more positive manifold pressure.
Vehicle: MY01 S/tb - MY01 STi II Type M

Did you give amayama.com a try? I find them to have more stuff in stock over partsouq.

MY01 GT -Unfinished Project

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:09 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------

No.

But i did ask Mick to order the 4.48mm lifter that Partsouq didnt have from Subaru Australia. Ofcourse, Subaru Australia had nill stock country wide, but they can order them from Subaru Japan, which do have them.

And of course, Subaru Australia pricing is the highest on the planet for OEM Subaru parts. Why do we get fucked so hard here for parts?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:56 pm 

Just had a look on Amayama, as ive never used them before. It looks like they can order it in from japan in 9 days. And they are USD $18.91 each. Partsouq were USD $13.77 each. But nill stock - unavailable. The US Subaru dealer Parts outlets were ranging from USD $20-35, but thier shipping was online order defaulting at like USD $50. JapanParts - no listing. Subaru Aus are like $44 at cost pricing, and over $50 retail.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:58 pm 

I Say: Needs more positive manifold pressure.
Vehicle: MY01 S/tb - MY01 STi II Type M

Gives you another option at least. I've used amayama before. Service was good and postage times were pretty reasonable.

MY01 GT -Unfinished Project

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:11 pm 

Thanks. I actually already gave the go ahead to Mick to get them from Subaru Aus for me today. So it would be rude to then cancel on him after he has already organized the order.

I will try and remember to check when looking for parts next time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:10 am 

Heres a pic of the plugs to seal up the AVCS solenoid. I need to weld on a little tab that will allow the plug to be bolted on. Will try and tie into the OEM solenoid fastening bolt.

ImageAVCS delete Plugs. by bram biesiekierski, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:05 am 

So. I ordered 8 X Mitsubishi valve seats with my order of valve lifters. These seats are exactly 0.020" / 0.05mm thicker than Subaru. Which is perfect thickness for my intake valves which are all about 0.5mm off from standard. The added thickness should put the springs exactly where they would be as OEM (or in the case of my springs, as designed to fit by GSC)

The ID, OD and lip that goes inside the spring are marginally different though. I test fitted the springs on the seats and they do fit. But its snug. Im guessing it needs to be a loose fit like how they are as standard to help with heat and to allow the springs to rotate on the seat if needed.

Measurements as follows.

Thickness :
Subaru = 0.020" / 0.50mm
Mitsubishi = 0.040" / 1.00mm

Outside diameter :
Subaru : 1.075" / 27.30mm
Mitsubishi : 1.105" / 28.06mm

Step Diameter :
Subaru : 0.712" / 18.08mm
Mitsubishi : 0.738" / 18.64mm

The GSC Beehive springs have an inside diameter of .740 +/- 0.01 according to GSC.

When you slip a spring on the seat, it does snug in there maybe a bit too tight, because if you look down at the spring seat, at the root of the transition between the flat face and the lip, it is rounded. And the springs are ground to be flat on the bottom. This means the cross section of the grind goes through the thickest part of the coil in places.

What do you think?

ImageEJ25 vs 4G63 valve spring seat. by bram biesiekierski, on Flickr

Image2018-04-13_05-52-07 by bram biesiekierski, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:55 pm 

Vehicle: BNR32GTR GDWRX SF5GT

this is way over my head, but still the only reason i log into ozfoz :) great to see you thinking outside the square

Just a lil push off the cliff of procrastination

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:07 pm 

I Say: Rumo is about to get raped
Vehicle: White 04 JDM bitza

haha, same here, I just look at the pretty pictures.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 429 of 429   [ 4290 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 425, 426, 427, 428, 429