Change font size
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 427 of 429   [ 4290 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 424, 425, 426, 427, 428, 429  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yeti Sled. 412 HP@W
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:42 pm 

Vehicle: BNR32GTR GDWRX SF5GT

why make it simple when you can make it complicated :lol:

that little nick out of the top/side edge of your cylinder head/crown is concerning :o

Just a lil push off the cliff of procrastination

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:07 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

strubaru wrote:
why make it simple when you can make it complicated :lol:

that little nick out of the top/side edge of your cylinder head/crown is concerning :o

You know me :lol:

Are you talking about the scratch between the 2 exhaust valves on the pic 2 pages back. It was polished mirror smooth before i dropped it off :?

The heads are still to be faced off yet, so the scratchs on the flats will go. There is also a little pitting in the casting in some places. No amount of polishing would remove that without seriously taking material out of the combustion chamber. I think thats just standard subaru cast crapa-millium.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:31 pm 

Vehicle: BNR32GTR GDWRX SF5GT

ImageBeryllium valve seats. Subaru EJ25 D25 by bram biesiekierski, on Flickr[/quote]

just that nick right on the edge of the combustion chamber at about 1 o'clock, sorry my photobucket skills are zero these days

Just a lil push off the cliff of procrastination

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:59 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------

Yeah. It is ugly. It shouldnt affect gasket sealing as the gasket (and cylinder) actually sits a little ways in from the start of the dome.

The hole might be a nucleation site for detonation through?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:59 pm 

Actually. Now that i look at it, i think its just a piece of swarfe. In order to instal valve seats, you need to cut the old ones out. Then cut the counter bore larger, so that the new seats can be presssed into a fresh hole. I think its just a loose piece of metal from the maching process. I will be sure to check it out in more detail when i get them back.

EDIT : confirmed. The thing you are talking about is infact just swafe from the cutting process.

Last edited by Bram on Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:20 pm 

Special delivery.

ImageRCM Drysump and extras. by bram biesiekierski, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:22 am 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP & MY16 BT50

Awesome! When are you planning to put it in?

Previous: '09 ZRE152 ZR (click)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:48 am 

No time frame. It will happen when it happens.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:38 pm 

I Say: Do or do not, there is no try.
Vehicle: MY17 BRZ, MY11 BT-50

Are you going to set up the dry sump on an old engine to make sure its running as it should or risk it on the new one?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:54 pm 

I am un-sure at this stage. A friend of mine is doing a de-stroker Willall Racing EJ-BB and he has got the RCM 3 stage drysump. (He was extremely jealous when I told him about my special 5 stage setup LoL)

His engine config is not dis-similar to mine (apart from the billet block) and his is progressing a little bit faster than mine. So I am watching his with great interest to see how it goes.

He has a spare engine and will be dialing in his dry-sump in on that as a test mule first. So depending on how smoothly his works, will help me decide what to do. I am leaning towards just doing it all on the sexy motor first time. But it is very scaring/anxious moment starting any engine for the first time, let alone one that cost so much.

The drysump can be easily primed by un-hooking the drive belt and spinning the pump with a cordless, so you can actually check for positive oil pressure before starting. Which is a nice feature. And makes me feel more re-assured about just doing it first up on the new motor.

Running the 5 stage on a test engine is alittle more complicated than a 3 stage as there are the extra 2 scavenger pumps that need to be hooked into the heads. So it means custom mods to the cylinder heads and gets messy.

I did think about even starting my motor with wet sump. But there is a fair bit involved in swapping out the D/S. Its not just the sump itself. But the OEM oil pump and various other difference with engine breathing etc.

This is Drews billet Ej25 block and Arrow 2L crankshaft. He will be running Argo rods and Omega pistons (or maybe RCM re-brand Omegas?) 2L heads with berylium seats, massive port job and Cosworth 272 cams. His will still retain AVCS though. Long runner reversed NA manifold, RCM twist mount kit. Precision Turbo. Titanium pipe work. PW V-mount. Motec ECU and dash. Modena sequential and diffs. Carbon body panels. (Ok, so his is spec'd just a little higher than my car.)

And the other day he told me he is getting Rays Volk ZE-40 (same as my rims). But painted in a custom gold colour. Maybe i should get a Samsonas sequential next to match him haha.

ImageBillet EJ by bram biesiekierski, on Flickr

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 427 of 429   [ 4290 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 424, 425, 426, 427, 428, 429  Next