Change font size
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:14 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 412 of 414   [ 4133 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 409, 410, 411, 412, 413, 414  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yeti Sled. 412 HP@W
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:30 am 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

XT666 wrote:
Is the light hitting the bonnet gonna be a problem while you're driving? You could wrap it matte black if there's too much glare. Do you put any rubber between light bar and bracket?

There is some glare. Mostly on the CF vent. But its not so bad sitting in the car. There is so much light outside the car that the glare is in comparison not too bad. It would probably irritate you on ling night drives, but the stuff i will be using it for will be a few laps at a time. I guess ill see how it goes on friday.

And no, i never use rubbers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:29 pm 

Vehicle: Evo IX GT wagon

:lol:

www.instagram.com/uzumaki.garage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:10 pm 

I Say: You get in the bowl.

Wow that looks mint! Nice work man!

http://www.kap.industries

Search User: @kapindustries on Instagram!

https://www.facebook.com/Kap-Industries ... 405181755/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:18 pm 

Vehicle: BNR32GTR GDWRX SF5GT

looks like i have something to do on friday night now :)

Just a lil push off the cliff of procrastination

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:19 pm 

I Say: Rumo is about to get raped
Vehicle: White 04 JDM bitza

yeah might come up for a look too

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:16 am 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------

Had a mixed night at barbs. The good was i was 2nd fastest out there.
I was actually fastest out there all night, but after i left early, i was beaten down to second place.

And bad was the engine blew up. Which is why i left early. I think its a big end bearing knock. It certainly sounds like it anyways. I will know more once i look at it further.

The light bar performed brilliantly. No shortage of light. The softer rear end made an improvement in the rear grip. I think the biggest improvements to be had is in the driver though. That was only my 3rd time on track (over a few years), and while im starting to learn the racing line. I still have a very long way to go before its fluent and smooth. And i know i have a massive amounts of time to be made up in the braking into the fast corner between the 2 straights. And also coming down into the bowl. These 2 corners especially are quite nerve racking as you are coming down hill, and also can be taken a greater speeds than you think. Coming from mostly doing lower speed turns at RAC, (and not driving much lately), i still dont feel 100% confident in the cars ability. But the car has massive brakes and massive tyres. So it can go so much harder under braking than i anticipate and have courage to try.

My best time was a 64.8sec. And i know the car was capable of alot better with a better driver.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:16 am 

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/results/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:26 pm 

Vehicle: Evo IX GT wagon

Oh Noooooo! Really sorry to hear this. Got any idea why engine died?
congrats on being fastest all day tho but... damn it

www.instagram.com/uzumaki.garage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:14 pm 

Dont know at this stage. I really need to figure what is wrong first. Then i can maybe work out what caused it.

I had a few issues through the night. Firstly, even with a fuel surge tank, i got fuel surge at anything less 3/4 tank. I think its actually surge in the main tank. Then the surge tank runs dry (in very quick time), then surge proper. Barbs is a clockwise track, and corners like the bowl especially are extremely high G corners which you can also keep a fairly high throttle through as the banked corner really dives you grip. I did about 8 timed laps. (Maybe 10 or 12 onve you factor in warm up/cool down laps.) And in that time i used near on 40L of juice. So thats like using 5L a lap. So a section like going through the bowl and out onto the straight could be near a litre just in that one section. Which if the main tank is surging, then the surge tank could potentially run down in that time. So thats one issue.

I also still had some heat managment issues. Wasnt as bad as last time. I could pretty much do my warm up and 2 powerlaps, but by the 3rd power lap temps were too high again. According to the DEFIs, coolant temps were pretty good in the 90s. But oil temps got way up into the 120+s. The defi coolant temp sensor is in the top tank of the radiator, so it should be getting a pretty good indication of temp coming out of the engine. The defi oil temp sensor is at the remote mount filter. So thats basically measuring oil temp into the engine. Ill have to check the ecu logs and see what the sensors say as measured on the engine itself. But such high oil temps could have **** with the bearings and such maybe leading to the knock. Or it could be oil surge even. If the fuel is surging, then i could forsee the oil getting to a stage where its all either trapped up in the heads, or stuck to the side of the sump. I do have a oil accusump for that reason. But whether something went wrong with it or whatever i dont know at this stage. I m thinking it may have been oil being held up in the heads from Gs. Or maybe the oil was foaming up and not lubricating aswell as it should from either the temp, or 12mm oil pump or fuel dilution or what. I dont know at this stage.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:52 pm 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP SWP

Congrats and damn! I hope you figure out the exact reason why it happened, would be interesting to know!

In regards to the corner speeds, it's all about practice, going a little further before braking, trying different approaches and see what works (as you would know from your other events). That's what I love about it - the challenge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Previous: '09 ZRE152 ZR (click)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 412 of 414   [ 4133 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 409, 410, 411, 412, 413, 414  Next