Change font size
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:15 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 411 of 420   [ 4195 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 408, 409, 410, 411, 412, 413, 414 ... 420  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yeti Sled. 412 HP@W
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:26 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Thats where i met Ian who owns the Porsche.

And yeah. Its the worst Porchse you can get haha. Basically comes as standard with a VW motor. 4cyl, air cooled lump of sh1t. No wonder he wants to fit an EJ to it. The stock EJ / vf36 donk would be real fast in such a light car with RWD.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:11 pm 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Been getting sh1t done on the sled over the last few weeks. I booked the car in for Barbs next friday with the WA WRX Club. So i wanted to get the car up to scratch for the night event. Finally swapped in some softer rear springs and replaced some bad front swaybar bushes. Bleed the brakes and other general checks and inspections. Also re-installed the DCCDpro. As i simply dont have time to try and write a DCCD control strategy using the Link ECU. And the DCCDpro does work well anyways.

First order of buisness was to put some vinyl wrap and stickers up on the car. 3m 1080 black wrap with some vinyl stickers on the top. The logo is YETI AUTO ELECTRICS, which is what im setting up as my side buisness, doing custom auto electrics. Trying to focus on modified/performance/ engine conversion/custom type work. Already done the electrics on a couple of engine conversions this year. One being a SR20 KE20 Corolla with Link Fury ECU. And the other being a Porsche 914 with a Spec C EJ20 also using a Link Fury. And there is a turbo Gemini with Haltech Sprint in the works too. So now that the work is slowly rolling in, i thought i better make it official with some "sponsorship" haha. (I just wish i had of done it earlier. Could of made the entire car a massive tax dodge as "promotion" LOL.

As a side benifit of the vinyl sunstrip, it means i can totoally remove the inside sunvisors (for wieght savings LOL.) And i also removed the last remnants of hood lining too.

Next job was to fit some decent lighting. The OEM JDM HID headlights just dont have enough light for me to feel comfortable racing at night. So i went and got a big bastard of a light bar. Its a Stedi brand 288w 50" curved bar. Which is massive. I went for the curved design as i wanted as much spread as possible. Dont really need long range, just good visibility in the near ground and side extremities.

I didnt really have any where to put it, but i figured up top would be ok. So i had to weld up some custom brackets to suspend it from the roof rails. The idea was to keep it within the existing silhouette of the car, while still monting it above. I didnt want it poking up too high above the roof line as then it would just be a massive sail cathing air and adding drag.

I used a bunch of Riv-nuts to secure the bracket to the Slim line roof rails. I riveted them on the inner edge as far forward as i could. But i still needed to extend the bar another half meter forward to get it where i wanted.

Heres one of my better ali welds on the bracket. I polished it with a calico wheel so it lookwd nice and pro. Practice is slowly paying off with the TIG. Every new project gets better and better.

In order to simply mounting the bar, i simply clamped it where the brackets lined up with the bar. The bars standard brackets only connect on the end of the bar. But it was far too wide to meet my brackets, as that width is determined by the spacing of the Forester roof rails.
Image2017-09-01_08-12-31 by bram biesiekierski, on Flickr

Heres normal HID high beam.
ImageNormal HID high beam by bram biesiekierski, on Flickr

And this is High beam plus the 288w of LED light bar. It seams to really light up everything infront of you. The "spot light" component of the bar isnt too pronounced. it seems to be more intense in the center area. But not so much that it makes the "spread beam" component look weak. Its a good blend between spot amd spread. But the spread just inst quit as wide as i would have liked. I think another 10-15° to each side would really be nice for high speed cornering. The bar is rated at 65° spread angle. I think if they could get it out to about 90° spread (45° to each side) it would be perfect for this application. But i cant complain. The bar was $239 delivered. There is some minor glare on the hood duct. It isnt too bad. Well compared to the amount of lightthats infront of the car, the glare off the hood is minimal.
ImageLED Light bar by bram biesiekierski, on Flickr

ImageLight bar on by bram biesiekierski, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:42 pm 

I Say: Embrace the Grind
Vehicle: Regal Blue 05 XT Lux manual

that looks mad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:34 pm 

I Say: Live fast, Die young in a nice pair of shorts
Vehicle: OctaviaRS, Pajero, MT09, WR450

Nice bram! :thumbs:

You'll be cookin koalas at 200m :D

mikthedinosaur wrote:
Man if it makes 280 and is on 20 something psi boost in the 2k rpm range ill be harder than a pedo in a playground

WL FSB/RSB+HDlinks & ALK; X Force dump, STi mid, magnaflow cans; STi/KYB suspension, TS BOV, VF52, PW TMIC, DBA4000s, PB 3 port, Perrin inlet, TH tuned

13.076 @ 170kph

http://ozfoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27496

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:35 pm 

I Say: There's no 'i' in Team, but there is in Winner!
Vehicle: MY10 XT

Gawd dang! Spectators will need to be issued with welding masks to prevent fried retinas.
Maybe hit the bonnet with some black plasti dip to reduce that bit of glare.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:06 pm 

I Say: Keep the hammer down
Vehicle: 02GT/6MT

Brutal! Love it!

Always getting logged out? Drop the .au, ozfoz.com.au

Wanted to buy: Rays Volk CE28N 17x8 +44 PCD5x100 10 spoke, Qty: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:31 am 

Vehicle: Evo IX GT wagon

Finally an update. Huge improvement

www.instagram.com/uzumaki.garage

Last edited by XT666 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:29 am 

Vehicle: MY09 XTP & MY16 BT50

Very nice fab work! Spectators will need to wear sunnies at night events now! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Previous: '09 ZRE152 ZR (click)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:57 am 

I Say: This one is staying stock...
Vehicle: GC8Track/NFIIFairlane/MY12STi

Looks the business mate.

:thumbs:

GC8 Track build - http://ozfoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=43199
NFII Fairlane
PX Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:48 am 

Vehicle: Evo IX GT wagon

Is the light hitting the bonnet gonna be a problem while you're driving? You could wrap it matte black if there's too much glare. Do you put any rubber between light bar and bracket?

www.instagram.com/uzumaki.garage

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 411 of 420   [ 4195 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 408, 409, 410, 411, 412, 413, 414 ... 420  Next