Change font size
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 7:17 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 19 of 20   [ 194 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: JamesMR's MY09 SH XTP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:17 am 

Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

Yowie wrote:
I wonder if this is caused by a feedback loop with the smaller turbo.

Eg the more ready boost of the TD04 comes in with mild engine load, the driver's foot eases back on the throttle because a load of boost isn't needed, torque map changes, turbo spools back down, mild engine load triggers rising boost, repeat.

Contrast with the bigger turbo that isn't nudging boost conditions at the same mild engine loads.

All things being equal, you'll probably save fuel with the VF52 because it's not trying to tip into boosted/rich all the time in normal driving.

I haven't noticed any change in driving style/throttle input between the two cars - at normal speeds with other cars on the road they behave identical, save for the additional smoothness of the 5EAT over the 4EAT. I've only got a single tank of fuel to go by, but I was nudging 390kms with a single bar left on the LCD screen. The fuel light wasn't on - I don't actually know what happens on the S-Edition cluster when it gets low. The economy was 11.2 IIRC and was practically all suburban driving with a quick dash on the Centenary Hwy. The XTP has averaged anywhere between 10.4 to 11.6L/100kms depending on where we drive it. We would fill that up on the fuel light most times, having travelled anywhere between 380-420kms. It's pretty poor economy but better than the 17L+ I was getting in the STi on e85, considering I had to use 20% of my tank capacity to get fuel and get home again... leaving me with 180kms worth of fun before I had to do the fuel run again haha.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:43 am 

Small update - have removed the Mishimoto radiator and trans cooler from the XTP and swapped them over to the S-Edition. Got 8L of genuine Subaru blue coolant from a dealer for $138 and it took most of it. Have about 500ml left.

The white XTP will be up for sale soonish, just need to get a major service done on the S-Edition and will keep the XTP just in case it needs to be at the mechanics for a couple of days. I'm still thinking about swapping the Cusco's over to the S-Edition also as I drove both cars back to back on the weekend and the XTP is definitely a bit more comfortable. The spring rate in the S-Edition feels a bit firmer but combined with the additional travel in the shock, it definitely feels compromised in terms of firmness/damping. The Cusco's don't have as much travel and the overall the car rides a touch smoother, but I'm not sure how much of that has to do with brand new LCA bushes or the shocks.

In with the major service, I might see if the dump pipe can be test fitted and if it fits, I'll get it tuned. If not, no biggie because all gaskets need to be changed anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:53 pm 

I Say: 3 letters in the alphabet that should never be attributed to me...DIY

Dump won't go from xtp to s editon.. Need the liberty one to fit the s edition

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

190.6 atwkw | MSR | Invidia | STi | Brembo | Process West | DBA | Cobb | Turbosmart | PSR | Pierburg | Whiteline | Perrin | Cusco | Hella | ROH

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:02 pm 

Slobbythegreat wrote:
Dump won't go from xtp to s editon.. Need the liberty one to fit the s edition

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hey mate - I don't have a dump fitted to the XTP currently. The one I have hasn't been test fitted but it came off a 2011+ WRX manual, so I'm not sure if it will fit or not.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:24 pm 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

A reason Slobbythegreat would say a dump from a XTP would not fit is due to the S-Edition having a 5EAT which is big. Hits the steering knuckle (which can be swapped). A WRX dump will also not fit - that I know of. Certain Liberty ones. Best get one you know will fit.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:38 pm 

jonp wrote:
A reason Slobbythegreat would say a dump from a XTP would not fit is due to the S-Edition having a 5EAT which is big. Hits the steering knuckle (which can be swapped). A WRX dump will also not fit - that I know of. Certain Liberty ones. Best get one you know will fit.

Thanks jonp. I figured the Liberty would be the best fit but I don't feel like paying $900 for an Invidia piece. I'll have to hunt around or jump on a Liberty forum and see what's out there.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:15 am 

Vehicle: MY12 SWP E-EDITION

JamesMR_ wrote:
jonp wrote:

Thanks jonp. I figured the Liberty would be the best fit but I don't feel like paying $900 for an Invidia piece. I'll have to hunt around or jump on a Liberty forum and see what's out there.

I have a X-force dump on mine from a Liberty that the previous owner still had to get MSR to modify to fit.

Colin at DC Jap has a HKS dump made for the SH 4EAT that he is selling. Unsure of cost... He said it doesnt fit the S-edition so it would need modifying

Previous Ride: MY04 XT Luxury - JDM STI SG9 Heart/VF41

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:25 am 

Vehicle: MY11 S-Edition - SWP

For clarity, you would need one off an auto Liberty as they have the same 5EAT. They fit without modification.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:11 am 

Vehicle: MY12 SWP E-EDITION

jonp wrote:
For clarity, you would need one off an auto Liberty as they have the same 5EAT. They fit without modification.

Perhaps mine was for a 4EAT liberty hence the modification

Previous Ride: MY04 XT Luxury - JDM STI SG9 Heart/VF41

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 pm 

I know the dump pipe I have definitely fits a manual 2013 WRX and was almost put on a 2013 STI - I'm unsure if the steering knuckles are the different in the newer models like they were in the older ones. Probably best bet to get a 5EAT specific pipe or just modify mine if it's doable.

SAV - do you know how much you paid to modify yours to fit the 5EAT?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 19 of 20   [ 194 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next