It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:54 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 417 of 418   [ 4171 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 414, 415, 416, 417, 418  Next
 Post subject: Re: ExRex WRB MY09 XTP - Worn Centre Diff? Pg414
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:35 pm 

I Say: It's always sliding season!
Vehicle: MY09 XT Premium

Any latest updates Russ?

MY09 XTP | 177kW | MRT XC Power Kit | VF52 Turbo | MRT SS TBE | Whiteline RSB & ALK | KiDo Front Srut Bar | HyperFlow TMIC | Liberty GT Front Brakes | Flappy Paddles | TurboSmart Kompact BOV | AVO Silicone TB hose | B&M SuperCooler | Pedders SportsRyder Suspension | SG9 STi Rims |

Post subject: Re: ExRex's WRB MY09 XTP - Black Reflectors & Engine Panel Pg290
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:04 pm 

I Say: Plan for tomorrow,Live for TODAY!
Vehicle: MY12 XT

ExRex wrote:
Fark me, good thing I checked this!

I noticed what felt like a small 'miss' in the engine once last week when accelerating hard in 2nd gear. Checked LV and no obvious signs of trouble. Then felt it again today :dontknow: Got me thinking, it's been about 6 weeks since I last checked the catch cans. I first checked them after about 1-2 weeks of daily driving and 1x hillclimb and not a drop was found. This is what I found tonight!

Head Breathers - Looks OK, almost clear, smells like what I imagine methanol or pure alcohol might smell like. About 30mL.

Then the Crankcase Breather - Holy fark, it must have been so close to full! Each black mark on the bottle is 100mL. Approx 390mL of sweeter smelling stuff that looks like vitamin charged urine!

Placing the bottle next to the catch cans you can see it couldn't have been far from filled up to the return line :shock:

I'm guessing this was the source of my engine 'miss' as perhaps the crankcase was breathing while liquid splashed around in the catch can under heavy acceleration and sent some back into the intake?! I'm just guessing! Will see how things go tomorrow and report back. I feel like a bit of dick for not checking the cans again sooner now.

For anyone running a crankcase catch can and E85, check it regularly. I'm guessing the volume of crankcase liquid is from condensation on cold starts, short drives and plenty of city off-boost driving? Good thing I got my Saikou Michi cans made 3" diameter rather than 2.5" for a little extra volume.

If anyone has any comments or theories on why so much liquid, I'm keen to hear it. What's interesting is the complete lack of any signs of oil - I have not checked the TMIC hoses for oil yet, but will do.

The car goes in for a service this week before another round at Collingrove Hillclimb on the weekend, so I'll show Sean the results and see what he says. I don't think it's anything to worry about as long as I empty the cans regularly, I just didn't expect to see so much!

[EDIT: Links to various stages of install]
- Ordering Specs for Dual Cans from Saikou MIchi
- Catch Cans Aluminium Mount and Install
- Head Breathers Installed
- Crankcase Breather Installed
- And what do the cans collect!?

Hi, Just saw this, I was referred by another post......

A couple of questions:
1) I know I have not looked - but are your catch cans heated ?
2) Do you use E85 compatible oil ?

I am curious to understand what this is you have been catching.......

VF-52 with Lava blanket, 11psi WG Spring, Company23 EBCS, 3" Mishimoto CAI, PSR Intake, Headers & Up-pipe Lava wrapped, Large TMIC, GFB BPV, Grimmspeed AOS, 3" TBE, F&R Whiteline HD Anti-Sway bars, DW65C, ID1050x inj, Exedy HD Clutch, DBA F&R T3s - Pmu NS400S, Short shifter,Pitch Stop Mount, KiddoRacing 18psi Tune for E85(FF Shifting & Launch Ctrl)-220kw atw

Post subject: Re: ExRex's WRB MY09 XTP - Black Reflectors & Engine Panel Pg290
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 pm 

I Say: What goes around comes around
Vehicle: MY12 S-Edition Forester

Hey dude, you weren't down the bay on Wednesday morning were you?

Post subject: ExRex WRB MY09 XTP - Still Alive!
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:01 pm 

I Say: I f'kn love driving on LSD!
Vehicle: MY09 XTP WRB 6MT

Hey all, been a while since I was around here! The Foz is still going strong, relegated to Daily Driver now, rarely sees boost but is just as capable as ever :lol:
Sold two of the race tyres, two more up for grabs. Trying to work out whether to keep the BBS rims or the SSR. Probably got a few other spare bits to sell off too.

Racing on different wheels these days, and finally got to do the same route myself from the ill fated Vic Foz Trips of years gone by :lol: ...

Berjo wrote:
Hey dude, you weren't down the bay on Wednesday morning were you?

I drive past the Bay on Brighton Rd most days. :thumbs:

nomads64 wrote:
Hi, Just saw this, I was referred by another post......

A couple of questions:
1) I know I have not looked - but are your catch cans heated ?
2) Do you use E85 compatible oil ?

I am curious to understand what this is you have been catching.......

The catch cans aren't heated (links to all mods on the OP of this thread). It's pretty common to catch this with E85 on cold starts. Big difference between summer and winter.
Yep, ULX-110 oils as recommended by S&J who built it. Never used anything different.

MY09 XTP 6MT WRB | 242kW | 'Forged' | ECUTEK RaceRom 98+E85 | STi 6MT | ID1000's | AEM CAI | Perrin Inlet | MRT TMIC | Killer B ELH | PTP Blanket | BNR EVO3 16G | TCP TBE | BBS RS-GT (street) | SSR TypeC (track) | Brembo | Cusco | KiDo | Whiteline | STi | KartBoy | Prova | Saikou Michi | Ganador
GARAGE SALE HEL Rear Lines, SH9 4.44 R160, Liberty 3.9 R160

Post subject: Re: ExRex WRB MY09 XTP - Still Alive!
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:54 pm 

Vehicle: 2011 S-Edition WRB

Looking mean Russ! Good to hear from you :thumbs:

I assume that’s 3 peaks/alpine challenge or whatever it’s called these days, on my bucket list regardless. Well done :ok:

-Nav.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:03 pm 

nav wrote:
Looking mean Russ! Good to hear from you :thumbs:

I assume that’s 3 peaks/alpine challenge or whatever it’s called these days, on my bucket list regardless. Well done :ok:

-Nav.

Yep, 3 Peaks or Peaks Challenge as it's now known. Was a little slower (9hr 16min) on 2 wheels, but a great challenge! I had no idea when we planned that Foz cruise route years ago that I'd end up riding it before driving it in my own car :ok:

MY09 XTP 6MT WRB | 242kW | 'Forged' | ECUTEK RaceRom 98+E85 | STi 6MT | ID1000's | AEM CAI | Perrin Inlet | MRT TMIC | Killer B ELH | PTP Blanket | BNR EVO3 16G | TCP TBE | BBS RS-GT (street) | SSR TypeC (track) | Brembo | Cusco | KiDo | Whiteline | STi | KartBoy | Prova | Saikou Michi | Ganador

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:00 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XT -

ExRex wrote:
Yep, 3 Peaks or Peaks Challenge as it's now known. Was a little slower (9hr 16min) on 2 wheels, but a great challenge! I had no idea when we planned that Foz cruise route years ago that I'd end up riding it before driving it in my own car :ok:

Hey mate,

Good to see you are still riding. Over what distance and how many ks was the longest climb?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:16 pm 

MTBTRAIL wrote:
ExRex wrote:

Hey mate,

Good to see you are still riding. Over what distance and how many ks was the longest climb?

Hey MTBTRAIL, the 'back of Falls' stands out as the hardest section, 12km's of unrelenting climbing starting with WTF corner and a decent 14% section... all this starts at the 200km mark - it's more of a mental battle by that stage! The Hotham climb is probably the longest but the legs are much fresher then. That was my 1st, I'll be back for more, can't help feeling like I left a little too much in reserve on the day. :thumbs:

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:34 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XT -

ExRex wrote:
MTBTRAIL wrote:
ExRex wrote:

Hey mate,

Hey MTBTRAIL, the 'back of Falls' stands out as the hardest section, 12km's of unrelenting climbing starting with WTF corner and a decent 14% section... all this starts at the 200km mark - it's more of a mental battle by that stage! The Hotham climb is probably the longest but the legs are much fresher then. That was my 1st, I'll be back for more, can't help feeling like I left a little too much in reserve on the day. :thumbs:

That's tuff riding mate, well done :thumbs:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:57 pm 

^^^ Cheers, see you there next year then? ^^^

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 417 of 418   [ 4171 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 414, 415, 416, 417, 418  Next