Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: CVT Leak
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:56 pm 

Vehicle: 99 WRX, SH9 XTP

Hey all,

Has anyone suffered a leaking CVT?

I inspected an SJ XT on the weekend (2013 with 60,000k's) and noticed a damp patch under the front diff/CVT area. A bit of googling brought up a lot of posts on various forums (none on ozfoz though), which lead me to believe a leaking CVT is a somewhat common problem.

I went and looked at 2 more SJ XTs through the week, one which had no sign of a leak (2015 with 90,000k's), but the other was clearly also leaking (2013 with 80,0000k's). I could even see a bit of extra gasket goo around the mounting service where it appears someone has attempted to fix it in the past.

On American forums they are talking about TSB 16-103-16R being issued by Subaru of America for the CVT. I can't find any information about whether that applies to Australia.

Anyone here suffering the same or have any information to share? It's really putting me off buying an XT at the moment.

Post subject: Re: CVT Leak
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:41 am 

I Say: what is LFS?
Vehicle: MY01 GT Manual Maroon mica Lux

Also would be interested if anyone has resolved this issue under factory warranty?

Out of interest, what did you think of the 15 with 90k? Not had a chance to get to Sydney...

Post subject: Re: CVT Leak
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:24 am 

Vehicle: 99 WRX, SH9 XTP

The 15 looked alright, no obvious issues that I could see but I was really only looking at the CVT so I didn't look very closely at anything else. I can confirm it's dry underneath though!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]