Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 100k km Club
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:09 pm 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XT - White

My car has hit 100k km at just over 4 and half years of ownership.

Brake pads/tyres (voluntary changed :lol:) and battery replaced. Its been a pleasurable ownership experience. the car still drives like new.

Anyone else? :D

Post subject: Re: 100k km Club
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:48 pm 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XT

Congrads! Almost at 100k myself - 99350km. Five YO in Feb this year. Same brake pads and original battery, although might not see winter out this year with battery. Can't fault the car, no issues (apart from the software update) all good after that was done a few years ago.

Keen to see the new Forester on Subaru global platform later in the year. Missus has the new XV and I'm impressed!

Steve D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:04 pm 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XT - White

Doesn’t surprise me that your pads are still the original. When I took my pads off @ 35k km, the back pads had a massive 80% left and that was after a track day haha

I’ll check out the new foresters on the global platform when its out. It could be a worthy replacement but so is the XC60 redesign and BMW X3. Lots of choices :)

Post subject: xx
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:44 pm 

xx

Last edited by FzYWzY on Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:41 pm 

Vehicle: SH

Not quite there, but 55k in 1 year
MY16

sf502 wrote:
group buy on nipples?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:53 am 

Vehicle: MY13 Forester XT Premium

Made it today. 100,004. Previous owner lived in the country and drove into outer Perth for work. Racked up 74k in the first 3 years. I've done 26k over the next 2 years. Everything still seems to be fine at this stage. Did have the front passenger seat sensor replaced to stop it going off needlessly and it seems to have fixed the problem.
MY13 XT

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:12 am 

Vehicle: MY13 XT

Im at 80K. A few issues have reared their heads:

* Driver side seat broken, squeaky and pleather is peeling (Im 125Kgs so it goes to figure lol)
* Front suspension incessant clunk, after replacing EVERY front suspension bush it turns out it was the swaybar endlinks (Now kartboy)
* Engine issues at beginning, but now she screams after tune. Fuel economy is better after tune and water injection too (Credit to Dazzzz tuner extraordinaire @ The Rumble Shack)

Overall 8/10. Will buy another Subaru.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:10 pm 

I Say: Bright DRLs are like Kath and Kim's "Look at moy......"
Vehicle: MY13 XTP

Danoz, jayc0au, G'day to you kind sirs! My apologies for my long hiatus.

Not quite 100K, but close to 80K, so far:
- intake clamps
- battery replaced (due to my own negligence)
- tyres
- rear shocks replaced (rhs started to leak)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:09 pm 

Vehicle: MY14XT

Apart from the original clamp issues; these SJ's are very solid and durable cars which is expected for something from Japan.

My car is now 4 years and 9 months, 44,000kms on the clock, but had no engine or electrical issues. Had the OEM battery replaced more out of precaution rather than anything else (flat battery twice due to me leaving the interior light on and not driving for a week or so).

As much as I enjoy this SJ, definitely thinking of upgrading to something a bit more fun, two doors and a folding roof ;) The wife will probably kill me but I have given her plenty of notice of this intention.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:28 am 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XT

Update on my SJ, just clicked over 106,000. Decided to replace battery last week prior to my annual snow trip. Glad I did as conditions weren't the best on the roads. Minus temps and heavy snow. The Foresters continue to amaze me with their ability to safely get you anywhere, especially on snow & ice covered roads. First day parked at Smiggins and returned to XT to find snow a few inches below front bumper. No issue getting out. Mind you one has to be very smooth in their driving and still take it easy. Subaru Symmetrical constant AWD - a skiers car of choice. :D

Sadly I'm up for replacement and in their wisdom Subaru won't have a turbo engine in the new model. I'm going to hold for approx 18 months to see if they come to their senses. I don't hold out much hope!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next