Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Liqui Moly - Engine Decarb
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:42 pm 

I Say: Bright DRLs are like Kath and Kim's "Look at moy......"
Vehicle: MY13 XTP

I am always amazed with subXT technical analysis and experiment. Mate if you are just around the corner I would like to drop by with a 6 pack. Good on ya buddy!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:50 pm 

I Say: Bright DRLs are like Kath and Kim's "Look at moy......"
Vehicle: MY13 XTP

By the way, while test fitting Cusco BCS I noticed there is a vacuum line that connect to a manifold nipple right in the middle. I didn't take a pic but if you look at the centre of manifold down near the bottom there are two vacuum lines. The top one seems useable for UEC application, avoiding the need to take off MAP sensor or TB hose/clamp. Anyone tried this?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:53 pm 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XT Premium

easy_peasy899 wrote:
... I noticed there is a vacuum line that connect to a manifold nipple right in the middle. I didn't take a pic but if you look at the centre of manifold down near the bottom there are two vacuum lines. The top one seems useable for UEC application, avoiding the need to take off MAP sensor or TB hose/clamp. Anyone tried this?
If it’s the one I think you mean (on the front at the throttlebody level on the opposite side to where the PCV hose connects to the inlet manifold) I couldn’t see why it wouldn’t work. I haven’t looked to see where that hose comes from, but it looks like it would be fairly easy to remove (no clamp). Once removed you could put a short length of plastic hose or tube onto where it connects so the can could be held upright when applying the cleaner – that worked on the SH XT.

Thanks for the kind words :) – I’m just annoyed I didn’t get that last one right.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:06 pm 

Danoz wrote:
... Like I said, I did get some error codes on starting which were random misfire and another misfire code. I cleared them using my OBDII adaptor( which you have the same Sub). Just a warning, when you clear codes using the adaptor, it is effectively an ECU reset on all computers TCU, ECU. All learned values/behaviors and fuel trims will be reset. It must be done with the engine running. You will see the computers all reset in order as the messages show on the MFD. Dont worry when they all come up, there are a lot of messages, everything settles when complete. Again, guinea pig Danoz says safe.
Danoz, I didn’t get any error codes after I applied the Liqui Moly 2733, but what you said about effectively an ECU reset with the messages showing on the MFD & with the engine running had me intrigued. I wanted to do an ECU reset after the Liqui Moly 2733 treatment but I didn’t want to disconnect the battery, so I thought I would see if Torque Pro would reset the ECU. I tried a couple of times but I didn’t get anything like you did.

At first I tried clearing the codes without the engine running (ignition ON) & then again with the engine running. The only difference I could see was the ‘AWD’ & the ‘AT oil temp’ warning lights flashed on the dash for a short period when I tried clearing the codes with the engine running – this didn’t happen with the engine OFF/ignition ON. The MFD still displayed the normal triple gauge info during both attempts without any additional info.

I tried clearing the codes under: Fault Codes > Tap here to scan for faults or press menu for more options > under Menu I get these option: Clear faults on ECU, Refresh, Freeze Frame, Load Fault Log, Save Fault Log, Share, Search Database > I selected ‘Clear Faults on ECU’ (after initially scanning for fault codes).

I’m using ver: 1.8.49 of Torque Pro with the following plug-ins: Real Time Info, Fault Codes, Map View, Torque Scan, Test Results, Graphing, Adapter Status, Help.
I have ‘Faster Communication’ set to yes, & I ticked ‘Plugins > Allow plugins full access’.

Am I missing something or do you only get that reset feedback on the MFD when Torque Pro clears a code & this won’t happen if codes aren’t present? I didn’t think Torque Pro was able to reset the ECU – but I hope I’m wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:46 pm 

Vehicle: MY13 XT

subXT wrote:
Danoz wrote:
I tried clearing the codes under: Fault Codes > Tap here to scan for faults or press menu for more options > under Menu I get these option: Clear faults on ECU, Refresh, Freeze Frame, Load Fault Log, Save Fault Log, Share, Search Database > I selected ‘Clear Faults on ECU’ (after initially scanning for fault codes).

Yep, thats it. No codes need to be present for a reset. When you hit "clear faults on ECU" while the engine is running you will feel it stumble and run really rough for about one second. This will clear up quickly. I forget exactly what messages show up on the MFD but I think one of them is transmission/differential overtemp. Eventually all the lights and messages will settle down and all lights will turn off and the car will be back to normal. I know its done a complete reset because that same unresponsive feeling from the accelerator is there just like a battery disconnect reset. I read it somewhere that the code reset was actually an ECU reset on some forum somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:09 pm 

Danoz wrote:
... I know its done a complete reset because that same unresponsive feeling from the accelerator is there just like a battery disconnect reset. ...
Ah yes, I had the same unresponsive accelerator & also the slight delay when I floored it, the same as what I used to get after doing an ECU reset by disconnecting the battery. It reminded me of the pre ECU software update response. That’s all good info - thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:29 pm 

Vehicle: my14 black forester

Not to drag up an old thread guys but just did this on my 2014 forester. I followed liquimolys instructions. Used the whole can in about 5 sessions. Added a small amount while removing the hose slowly, allowed to sit for 5 minutes started car, gentle revs until smooth, then repeat till cans gone. Everything went well.

Only problem is now I’m getting emission error code come up oh the hud and Hill decent warning. The (s) light from the SI drive flashes constantly along with the cruise control light. Car runs fine I just can’t use the SI drive buttons or use cruise control

Car is booked in for the 100k service Tuesday so will update after that

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:37 am 

I Say: 3 letters in the alphabet that should never be attributed to me...DIY

Danoz wrote:

should be safe for an SH??

190.6 atwkw | MSR | Invidia | STi | Process West | Cobb | Turbosmart | PSR | Pierburg | Whiteline | Perrin | Cusco | Hella | ROH

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4