Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner SA459 for SJ
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:44 am 

I Say: what is LFS?
Vehicle: MY14 SJ XT Premium white

Would be interested in an update as well - 2014 XT...

From what I've read the cold idle is normal, after about 20 seconds the boost goes to .6 or .7 and smoothes out. Mine sometimes drops to .5 at traffic lights and is a bit rough - would fuel additive help and best place to get it?

I've been running 98 RON in mine since i got it about a month ago so interested in that feedback as well (seems a bit quiet here lately). 98 seems fine in my XT.

Post subject: Re: Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner SA459 for SJ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:20 am 

I Say: I am a meat Popsicle.
Vehicle: MY13 XT

Bryn88 wrote:
When was your car last serviced? and have you checked you oil level and condition?

And I do believe this problem was previously brought up in another thread or possibly on subaru.org since I cant find it on here, and I think the verdic was that on a cold start up the engine will actually get a little random wobble

If your getting close to your next service then maybe just wait. I'm a firm believer in if it aint broke dont fix it, I'm in the navy and every time someone disturbs the salt on a ship it makes 10 more problems I gotta fix lol there's planned/corrective maintenance and then there is just going to far sometimes.

Oh and I've never used SA459, I've only ever used the in petrol tank upper head cleaner supplied by Subaru when serviced.

Gogo navy, chips and gravy... :lol:

I am ex navy and totally agree that covering with paint fixes the problem as does cleaning everything within an inch of,it's life.

I too have niggling probs with a rough idle sometimes but it is always when I use 98RON fuel. I now only use 95RON fuel and problem has gone away

What do you do onboard? My son is just up from Cerberus where he is becoming a hairy arsed stoker... :D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5