Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 5   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner SA459 for SJ
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:55 pm 

Vehicle: MY13 XT

easy_peasy899 wrote:
Happy New Year guys!!!

Dan. It's the opposite of dumb. Perhaps the dumb is on me. I assumed the oil level is ok from last check. So before the xmas road trip I re-checked all the essentials and found oil is over the Full dot by what could be 15 mm or so. Extracted the oil to level with Full dot and she seems to be smoother. Not 100% sure yet because almost every drive since has been with A/C on. Will monitor and update again.

Looks like Fumoto is a way to go if she is that sensitive to oil level. Dan, is it F108N for our XTs? Some say the valves extend into the pan and will not fully drain all the oil??

Thanks as always.

F108N. That's the one!

It will take a few drives for everything to get smooth again but it definitely made a difference. I think the crank must hit the oil when its overfull and cause a few issues. Fuel economy also gets a lot better.

I have a catch can sitting right in front of me ready to be installed. I can start a install thread with pictures if people are interested. Its pretty tight in there. I hope it fits.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:56 pm 

Oh, I still find 95 to be smoother than 98 octane.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:25 pm 

I Say: Bright DRLs are like Kath and Kim's "Look at moy......"
Vehicle: MY13 XTP

Danoz wrote:
F108N. That's the one!

It will take a few drives for everything to get smooth again but it definitely made a difference. I think the crank must hit the oil when its overfull and cause a few issues. Fuel economy also gets a lot better.

I have a catch can sitting right in front of me ready to be installed. I can start a install thread with pictures if people are interested. Its pretty tight in there. I hope it fits.

Thanks for confirming Dan. Do they have the same threaded section length as the OEM plug? Some says Fumoto is longer, hence it extends a bit pass the oil pan and will not fully drain oil?

Love how you are onto the catch can already!!! Which OCC did you get? Do we need one or two? Saw somewhere in the service manual about two PCV hoses... I'll look it up again.
Please please start install thread. :thumbs:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:08 pm 

easy_peasy899 wrote:
Danoz wrote:
F108N. That's the one!

Thanks for confirming Dan. Do they have the same threaded section length as the OEM plug? Some says Fumoto is longer, hence it extends a bit pass the oil pan and will not fully drain oil?

Love how you are onto the catch can already!!! Which OCC did you get? Do we need one or two? Saw somewhere in the service manual about two PCV hoses... I'll look it up again.
Please please start install thread. :thumbs:

When I compared the two threads, they appeared equal length. It MAY leave a little in the pan but not enough to worry about. I run some fresh oil with the valve open and it comes through clean.

My catch can is a ADD-W1 brand. Its small and is of very sturdy aluminum construction as It will need to hold boost pressure. It also has a little dipstick to check the level. It was the best I could find other than forking out a couple of hundred bucks and was small enough to fit. Got it on ebay $ 130 odd delivered. (see pic)

I know mishimoto use 2 cans on their $500+ US kit, the second can is for CCV gasses which I dont think is necessary as all im trying to prevent is oil getting into intake and gumming up valves and oil gasses reducing octane rating on my fuel.

Sorry about the thread hijack. I will start a new thread with my ramblings.

Attachment:
File comment: Catch can.
ot-addw1-v1-blk-01.jpg
ot-addw1-v1-blk-01.jpg [ 36.35 KiB | Viewed 132 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:12 pm 

I Say: Bright DRLs are like Kath and Kim's "Look at moy......"
Vehicle: MY13 XTP

Thanks Danoz. Fumoto is next on my list to do.

Looking forward for your new thread :thumbs:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:24 pm 

easy_peasy899 wrote:
Thanks Danoz. Fumoto is next on my list to do.

Looking forward for your new thread :thumbs:

Oh wait, I didnt get the 108N. The "N" has a nipple that you can attach a hose and direct your oil and protrudes further from the sump. I just got the F-108 (NON N). Works great! Once you have it in your hand you will see why it will never leak. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:39 pm 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XT Premium

Danoz wrote:
I’m very interested how much oil it catches & how it fits.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:34 pm 

subXT wrote:
Danoz wrote:
I’m very interested how much oil it catches & how it fits.

I got a bit busy with other things last weekend Sub (getting drunk), so Im hoping to get this done next weekend. I'm really happy with the can quality, fit doesn't look too bad and I have a few mounting position ideas, but ill post some pix up when its all done. We will have to wait a few weeks for the results on just how much it catches but I will keep you all informed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:25 am 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XT Premium

Danoz wrote:
... We will have to wait a few weeks for the results on just how much it catches but I will keep you all informed.
:thumbs:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:35 am 

Vehicle: 99 WRX, SH9 XTP

Bumping this very, very old thread as I'm having the same problem with a 2015 SJ.

It's got 31,000km on it but has a rough idle which is particularly noticeable when cold. I've got a bottle of Subaru fuel additive to add to the tank so I'll drop that in tonight.

I was planning to use UEC spray as I've done on my previous Subaru's, can someone just confirm that the methodology mentioned earlier is the one to go by?
- Half a can through MAP
- Run the car
- Make a bung for the MAP that allows the tube of the UEC can to fit through and use the remaining while the engine is running.

I've been running it on 98 RON but just noticed mention in this thread that 95 is potentially better. Any further development on that?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 5   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next