Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: New Tire Options SJ XT
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:46 am 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XT

Thanks for the comments Steve.

I too am very close to replacing my SJ XT so I don't want to spend a huge amount on a new set of tyres. In saying that, I also don't want the XT to be a death trap for a couple of months until I replace it.

I've been looking a bit more and found another option - Kumho Crugen Premium SUV KL33 tyres. These are considerably cheaper than Grabber GTs. They were apparently OEM tyres for Hyundai SUVs prior to being released to consumers and seem to have reasonable reviews. I think I'll give them a go.

A bit off topic, but I'm also interested to see what Subaru do with the new Forester. I bought a new MY17 Impreza last year and it is a good car with good tech but relatively boring to drive.
At the moment to replace the Forester XT, I'm currently considering a fully optioned Tiguan R-Line or stepping up again to either an Audi Q5 TFSI or BMW X3 30i but if the new Forester on the global platform turns out to be a big leap forward then I might consider it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:56 am 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XT

Decision time coming up for a few of us WhiteFozzy. I bought an XV for the missus a few months back. Great car on the new platform. Lots of tech, only complaint could do with some more grunt. Wife likes it though.

Tiguin R Line is a nice car. My son has one. He's only done 20k and the Conti's are well worn. Rims are 20inch so an expensive exercise if he goes OEM tyre replacement.

Like you, I'll wait to see what the new Forrester has to offer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:02 pm 

Vehicle: 00 gt

]
steveD wrote:
. Lots of tech, only complaint could do with some more grunt. Wife likes it though.

I wonder if the harrop brz blower fits? https://www.google.com.au/search?q=harrop+supercharger+brz&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi5yI-oqPzZAhXCgrwKHQfJBo8Q_AUIEigC&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=61Oa17q12wMRMM:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:39 pm 

Vehicle: MY14XT

steveD wrote:
Interesting Mick_MY02. I have the Conti CrossContact 225/55 R18 having had the OEM tyres for approx 55000km. Without me checking the spare I'm almost certain my XT came with Dueller HP Sport tyres.

My XT came fitted with the Dueller HP Sport tyre.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:28 pm 

Vehicle: MY14XT

Just replaced my OEM tyres with Kuhmo Crugens, at $126 each (which is half price of the OEM tyres) I could not say no based on value

https://www.kumho.com.au/tyres/4x4/crugen-kl33/

Very early days; however from a noise point of view, sounds very comparable to the Bridgestones.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:26 pm 

Vehicle: MY14 - XT Premium

Hi,
Looking for a good option for a road only tyre in 225/55 R18.
Have a Patrol on mud tyres for offroad now, so I'm after something more road focused for the XT.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:14 pm 

I Say: Plan for tomorrow,Live for TODAY!
Vehicle: MY12 XT

Great choice!
I did a lot of research, the Conti's were far superior, both dry and wet. Handling and stopping distances.
Very little traction lost compared to the Yoko's.
You will not be disappointed, I have had them on for 6 months, hard, wet driving is far more predictable.
The extra cost is worth the safety.

VF-52 with Lava blanket, 11psi WG Spring, Company23 EBCS, 3" Mishimoto CAI, PSR Intake, Headers & Up-pipe Lava wrapped, Large TMIC, GFB BPV, Grimmspeed AOS, 3" TBE, F&R Whiteline HD Anti-Sway bars, DW65C, ID1050x inj, Exedy HD Clutch, DBA F&R T3s - Pmu NS400S, Short shifter,Pitch Stop Mount, KiddoRacing 18psi Tune for E85(FF Shifting & Launch Ctrl)-220kw atw

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5