Change font size


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Reduced power - max turbo boost 0.1kpa
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:38 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY14XT

Posts: 64
Location: Sydney
So the last day or two I have noticed my car driving extremely sluggish, feels like I am driving a non-turbo model, so I notice that the boost pressure hits a maximum of 0.1kpa at 100% throttle (usually I can hit 0.9kpa). At idle, its around -0.6kpa.

Anyway, I am going overseas in a few days for three weeks so I can't just drop it off at my mechanic to check it out - and since I am completely hopeless with the technical side of cars - I'd thought I'd ask the question and get your thoughts what could the issue be?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reduced power - max turbo boost 0.1kpa
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:34 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY09 XTP & MY16 BT50

Posts: 2461
Location: S.E. Melbourne
You might have a boost leak somewhere?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Current: '09 SH9 XTP (click)

Previous: '09 ZRE152 ZR (click)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reduced power - max turbo boost 0.1kpa
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:14 am 
User avatar

I Say: You tell me Picasso - are you a s*** painter , or do just paint ugly f***** people .
Vehicle: MY04 XT

Posts: 1927
Location: Brisbane
I've heard of an issue with this model , not sure if related ...

Click here :
viewtopic.php?f=110&t=44665&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=Danoz+fix


Last edited by cam99 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reduced power - max turbo boost 0.1kpa
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:41 am 
User avatar

I Say: very little. It always gets me into trouble ...
Vehicle: MY07 X MT

Posts: 459
Location: Perth
MY14XT wrote:
the boost pressure hits a maximum of 0.1kpa at 100% throttle (usually I can hit 0.9kpa). At idle, its around -0.6kpa.
kPa??? Bar?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reduced power - max turbo boost 0.1kpa
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:33 pm 
User avatar

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Posts: 17786
Location: Spearwood Perth WA
Also interesting that is showing negative values. MAP is measured absolute (manifold absoute pressure). That means there is no negative values. Vacuume is measured between 0-100kpa, and boost from around 100kpa onwards.

_________________
>>>My Ride<<<


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reduced power - max turbo boost 0.1kpa
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:05 pm 
User avatar

I Say: You tell me Picasso - are you a s*** painter , or do just paint ugly f***** people .
Vehicle: MY04 XT

Posts: 1927
Location: Brisbane
Mine shows negative values on the Ecu boost gauge also - car can be driven gently without going into positive pressure , warm idle around -9.8 psi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reduced power - max turbo boost 0.1kpa
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:21 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY14XT

Posts: 64
Location: Sydney
Thanks for the comment, hope its just a boost leak (sounds like a rrlatively easy fix?)

For more info, car drives a bit jerky at around 1800rpm. Sometimes the engine feels likes it wants to cut out ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reduced power - max turbo boost 0.1kpa
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:08 am 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY14 XT - White

Posts: 1
Location: Sydney
MY14XT wrote:
Thanks for the comment, hope its just a boost leak (sounds like a rrlatively easy fix?)

For more info, car drives a bit jerky at around 1800rpm. Sometimes the engine feels likes it wants to cut out ...


Hi MY14XT, just wondering if you had this sorted?
I have the same issue with my car for the last 1.5 - 2 years.
Dealer has updated ECU numerous times with different pak files with no success.
The last time I brought it back they also did an update but i also have a feeling they reduced the boost as it is now not as noticable.
It now runs slower, drinks more fuel and pings sometimes when I accelerate hard.
At idle it is shakey and sometimes feel like it would stall.
Would like to know if you ever got this issue fixed.
Cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reduced power - max turbo boost 0.1kpa
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:19 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY10 XT

Posts: 52
Location: Melbs
Bill_Foz wrote:
MY14XT wrote:
Thanks for the comment, hope its just a boost leak (sounds like a rrlatively easy fix?)

For more info, car drives a bit jerky at around 1800rpm. Sometimes the engine feels likes it wants to cut out ...


Hi MY14XT, just wondering if you had this sorted?
I have the same issue with my car for the last 1.5 - 2 years.
Dealer has updated ECU numerous times with different pak files with no success.
The last time I brought it back they also did an update but i also have a feeling they reduced the boost as it is now not as noticable.
It now runs slower, drinks more fuel and pings sometimes when I accelerate hard.
At idle it is shakey and sometimes feel like it would stall.
Would like to know if you ever got this issue fixed.
Cheers

Sounds like air getting in after the air flow sensor on the intake, not a software issue. Check for leaks pre turbo post Air sensor would be my guess.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reduced power - max turbo boost 0.1kpa
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:22 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

Posts: 1326
Location: Brisbane
rossg wrote:
Sounds like air getting in after the air flow sensor on the intake, not a software issue. Check for leaks pre turbo post Air sensor would be my guess.


Presumably that would make it run lean at idle and lean under boost (which might explain knocking).

Contrast that with a manifold leak (eg where a blowoff valve vacuum line falls off) where it is very lean at idle (generating an error code) and can't hold normal boost (probably very rich under boost). I had that issue for a few days on my SH before the source of the problem was detected.

_________________
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=54775


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
"Takka LE" for phpBB3