Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Front control arm bushings buggered
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:09 pm 

Vehicle: MY13 XT

Has anyone done the job yet? Are the control arms the same as an SH? How much for all the parts for diy? Or do you reckon I should just take it somewhere to get the job done?

Post subject: Re: Front control arm bushings buggered
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:27 pm 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XT

Sorry Dan can't help you there. How may K's on the clock? I've clocked 93K and XT is still going strong. Must be those clamps!! Re your post, just wear & tear on the arms is it?

No another note, managed to get wifey to upgrade to a Subaru. She's driving latest VX. Have to say if the next Forrester is on the new global platform it should be a ripper. The XV is very solid and quiet. Could do with a turbo though!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:47 pm 

Gday Steve!

My old girl is still going strong too im at 66ks. Do you still go off the beaten track with your XT? Unfortunately with mine there is some serious clunking and shimmying in the front end. Which is surprising considering I have only driven conservatively with maybe 0.5% off road. It looks like the control arm bushes and ball joints are finito. Ive shopped around for prices but noone got back to me so It looks like ill have to roll up the sleeves and learn a thing or two like the clamp saga. Ive bought a press and all the parts including some rear diff subframe inserts that stiffen up the bum so it dosent sink on hard acceleration.

When im done Ill post up some pics of old and new bushes. Going Whiteline so It never needs to be done again... hopefully.

I would love an upgrade and the new XV would be perfect for my situation but no turbo = no deal! They do look great!

Great to hear from you mate. ☺

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:07 pm 

Vehicle: MY13 SJ XT

Still do some off the beaten track drives, not as often though Dan. XT still looks like new & I'm no bush basher, so I look after her. I'm continually surprised how much clearance it has over deeply rutted tracks and the ability, with X Mode, to negotiate slippery & steep tracks. Thankfully the Comms sites I go to are not too bad.

Hope the bush replacement goes well. Not much chatter on the forum these days. I read that as a sign the Foresters are going well with next to no issues.

If the next XT on the global platform is anything like the new XV in terms of handling, low road noise and better interior finish & gadgets, then I'll be lining up for one. Our XT's are now 5 years old so technology is getting a bit dated.

The latest Eyesight in wife's XV is so much better and has cross traffic alert, no excuse for changing lanes into another vehicle!

Cheers :drinks:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:32 am 

Vehicle: MY10 XTP & MY06 RColt

Not 100% on cross compatibility, though from the short time we had a SJ I noted the suspension strut assembly appeared to be identical between SH and SJ.
This could mean hubs/knuckles and control arms are also the same. But I only got as far as comparing struts to the SH coilovers when I was contemplating putting them in.
For the most part the underbody as a whole was the same... routing of exhaust piping etc.. so it's probably a good chance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:16 pm 

Cheers Skyrex! I have sussed out the OEM catalogue and they do share part numbers for the front lower control arm bushes on an SH and SJ so I went and ordered some Whiteline W53353 and W0508s to be installed tomorrow when the press kit comes. Ill post up some pics when its all done.

All torques for bushings with wheels on the ground right?

I also picked up a KDT903 positive power kit for the rear diff subframe but they look pretty straight forward to install. The torque ass dip after the Dazzz tune is a little bit too much on the squishy SJ suspension. hehehe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:30 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XT SWP

Danoz wrote:
All torques for bushings with wheels on the ground right?

Yep

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]