Change font size
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:41 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 748 of 754   [ 7536 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 745, 746, 747, 748, 749, 750, 751 ... 754  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: THE RANT TOPIC Got something you want to get off your chest?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:05 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY05 XT - Silver

Posts: 375
Location: Sydney
When you travel from one point in Sydney and back again and total toll cost is $30 you know somethings not right. What I want to know is the people that have to do this regularly, how the f*ck they can afford it? Criminal.

_________________
MY05 Forester XT with MRT XA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE RANT TOPIC Got something you want to get off your chest?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:26 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY10 XTP & MY06 RColt

Posts: 565
Location: Newcastle, NSW
+1

I refuse to use toll roads, for the "time saving" of them. Can't justify using them.

Couple times I have managed to get lost/forced by way of traffic flow onto the M2/M7 heading west on two separate occurrences.
Both times I contacted the private company managing the roads, because my rego plate hadn't populated in their system to pay via the website, and I didn't have any other reference for the toll.. tried to organise to pay it over the phone, they said wait for the letter.

Letter arrives with the toll fee plus an "administration" charge on top.
Told them I will pay the fee, but not the admin charges after they told me to wait for the letter turning a $3.xx toll into a $13.xx bill, then a reminder a month later with another $10 admin charge on top. They stop mailing after that second letter in both instances and no further charges were appended.

Essentially agreed to disagree because in good faith I was trying to right my wrongs and pay the toll, but they wanted more than just the toll.
They wanted admin charges, and account/membership charges, etc. Their practices be borderline entrapment.

To this day the tolls/fees are unpaid. Was sometime around late 2011. I believe the fees totaled shy of $50. They can take it out of my death taxes in about 50 years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE RANT TOPIC Got something you want to get off your chest?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:31 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

Posts: 1326
Location: Brisbane
skyrex wrote:
...To this day the tolls/fees are unpaid. Was sometime around late 2011. I believe the fees totaled shy of $50. They can take it out of my death taxes in about 50 years.



_________________
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=54775


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE RANT TOPIC Got something you want to get off your chest?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:42 pm 
User avatar

I Say: The flow, go with it my children.
Vehicle: Gold 02 GT

Posts: 3325
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW
Whoever invented micro USB.........

I hate micro USB, the amount of various micro USB cables and devices I own that don't connect properly unless you hold them at the perfect angle etc etc is absolutely maddening.

_________________
2002 Sleeper GT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE RANT TOPIC Got something you want to get off your chest?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:25 am 
User avatar

I Say: Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
Vehicle: 03XS Auto-Red;Mercedes Valente

Posts: 22521
Location: Central Coast, NSW
Some low-life scum stole the rear number plate off my car whilst my wife was parked outside the hospital for work. :twisted:
/rant

_________________
The Red Dragon
Voted Best NA 2013 OzFoz Rally
Image

The Red Dragon's Dyno Sheet


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE RANT TOPIC Got something you want to get off your chest?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:17 pm 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

Posts: 1326
Location: Brisbane
Midnight blast through the mountains. The type of tight twisty stuff with no safe overtaking opportunities unless the front car plays ball and pulls to the side for a few seconds at an available grass/gravel verge.

Stuck for AAAAAGES behind a Japanese cannon muffler equipped turbo car going pretty slowly (although with plenty of noise obviously).

The driver up front is clearly an enthusiast based on the car type. Just pull over for a little bit, let me through, then we can both get on with enjoying our respective drives each at our own pace!

_________________
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=54775


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE RANT TOPIC Got something you want to get off your chest?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:56 am 
User avatar

I Say: Embrace the Grind
Vehicle: Regal Blue 05 XT Lux manual

Posts: 5517
Location: Perth
Yowie wrote:
Midnight blast through the mountains. The type of tight twisty stuff with no safe overtaking opportunities unless the front car plays ball and pulls to the side for a few seconds at an available grass/gravel verge.

Stuck for AAAAAGES behind a Japanese cannon muffler equipped turbo car going pretty slowly (although with plenty of noise obviously).

The driver up front is clearly an enthusiast based on the car type. Just pull over for a little bit, let me through, then we can both get on with enjoying our respective drives each at our own pace!



that's nothing compared to middle aged men wearing lycra riding 3 abreast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE RANT TOPIC Got something you want to get off your chest?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:36 am 
User avatar

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

Posts: 1326
Location: Brisbane
lefty wrote:

that's nothing compared to middle aged men wearing lycra riding 3 abreast


Surely a sense of self-preservation would encourage cyclists to minimise how far they project onto a 70km/h roadway.

I don't even like walking on the footpath with my back to the direction of traffic.

_________________
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=54775


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE RANT TOPIC Got something you want to get off your chest?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 am 
User avatar

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Posts: 17786
Location: Spearwood Perth WA
Yowie wrote:
lefty wrote:

that's nothing compared to middle aged men wearing lycra riding 3 abreast


Surely a sense of self-preservation would encourage cyclists to minimise how far they project onto a 70km/h roadway.

I don't even like walking on the footpath with my back to the direction of traffic.

No. Thier arogance makes them feel its totoally acceptable to block an entire lane of traffic while they do 35kmh. It makes them feel like thier in the tour de france.

_________________
>>>My Ride<<<


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: THE RANT TOPIC Got something you want to get off your chest?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:16 pm 
User avatar

I Say: very little. It always gets me into trouble ...
Vehicle: MY07 X MT

Posts: 459
Location: Perth
Bram wrote:
Thier arogance makes them feel its totoally acceptable to block an entire lane of traffic while they do 35kmh. It makes them feel like thier in the tour de france.

And we'll soon see more of that arrogance with the new (to WA) minimum clearance that WE have to give THEM when overtaking. Wonder how that will pan out at traffic lights when they pull up inches from the vehicle in the leftmost lane and the lights change. Do THEY have to give motorists the same clearance?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 748 of 754   [ 7536 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 745, 746, 747, 748, 749, 750, 751 ... 754  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
"Takka LE" for phpBB3