Change font size
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:41 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 748 of 754   [ 7536 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 745, 746, 747, 748, 749, 750, 751 ... 754  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE RANT TOPIC Got something you want to get off your chest?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:05 pm 

Vehicle: MY05 XT - Silver

When you travel from one point in Sydney and back again and total toll cost is $30 you know somethings not right. What I want to know is the people that have to do this regularly, how the f*ck they can afford it? Criminal.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:26 pm 

Vehicle: MY10 XTP & MY06 RColt

+1

I refuse to use toll roads, for the "time saving" of them. Can't justify using them.

Couple times I have managed to get lost/forced by way of traffic flow onto the M2/M7 heading west on two separate occurrences.
Both times I contacted the private company managing the roads, because my rego plate hadn't populated in their system to pay via the website, and I didn't have any other reference for the toll.. tried to organise to pay it over the phone, they said wait for the letter.

Letter arrives with the toll fee plus an "administration" charge on top.
Told them I will pay the fee, but not the admin charges after they told me to wait for the letter turning a $3.xx toll into a $13.xx bill, then a reminder a month later with another $10 admin charge on top. They stop mailing after that second letter in both instances and no further charges were appended.

Essentially agreed to disagree because in good faith I was trying to right my wrongs and pay the toll, but they wanted more than just the toll.
They wanted admin charges, and account/membership charges, etc. Their practices be borderline entrapment.

To this day the tolls/fees are unpaid. Was sometime around late 2011. I believe the fees totaled shy of $50. They can take it out of my death taxes in about 50 years.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:31 pm 

Vehicle: MY08 XT (SH)

skyrex wrote:
...To this day the tolls/fees are unpaid. Was sometime around late 2011. I believe the fees totaled shy of $50. They can take it out of my death taxes in about 50 years.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:42 pm 

I Say: The flow, go with it my children.
Vehicle: Gold 02 GT

Whoever invented micro USB.........

I hate micro USB, the amount of various micro USB cables and devices I own that don't connect properly unless you hold them at the perfect angle etc etc is absolutely maddening.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:25 am 

I Say: Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
Vehicle: 03XS Auto-Red;Mercedes Valente

Some low-life scum stole the rear number plate off my car whilst my wife was parked outside the hospital for work. :twisted:
/rant

The Red Dragon's Dyno Sheet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:17 pm 

Midnight blast through the mountains. The type of tight twisty stuff with no safe overtaking opportunities unless the front car plays ball and pulls to the side for a few seconds at an available grass/gravel verge.

Stuck for AAAAAGES behind a Japanese cannon muffler equipped turbo car going pretty slowly (although with plenty of noise obviously).

The driver up front is clearly an enthusiast based on the car type. Just pull over for a little bit, let me through, then we can both get on with enjoying our respective drives each at our own pace!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:56 am 

I Say: Embrace the Grind
Vehicle: Regal Blue 05 XT Lux manual

Yowie wrote:
Midnight blast through the mountains. The type of tight twisty stuff with no safe overtaking opportunities unless the front car plays ball and pulls to the side for a few seconds at an available grass/gravel verge.

Stuck for AAAAAGES behind a Japanese cannon muffler equipped turbo car going pretty slowly (although with plenty of noise obviously).

The driver up front is clearly an enthusiast based on the car type. Just pull over for a little bit, let me through, then we can both get on with enjoying our respective drives each at our own pace!

that's nothing compared to middle aged men wearing lycra riding 3 abreast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:36 am 

lefty wrote:

Surely a sense of self-preservation would encourage cyclists to minimise how far they project onto a 70km/h roadway.

I don't even like walking on the footpath with my back to the direction of traffic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 am 

I Say: Car mods are like OddBodz, you got to collect them all! -------------------------------------
Vehicle: MY05 STi swapped sled

Yowie wrote:
lefty wrote:

Surely a sense of self-preservation would encourage cyclists to minimise how far they project onto a 70km/h roadway.

I don't even like walking on the footpath with my back to the direction of traffic.

No. Thier arogance makes them feel its totoally acceptable to block an entire lane of traffic while they do 35kmh. It makes them feel like thier in the tour de france.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:16 pm 

I Say: very little. It always gets me into trouble ...
Vehicle: MY07 X MT

Bram wrote:
Thier arogance makes them feel its totoally acceptable to block an entire lane of traffic while they do 35kmh. It makes them feel like thier in the tour de france.

And we'll soon see more of that arrogance with the new (to WA) minimum clearance that WE have to give THEM when overtaking. Wonder how that will pan out at traffic lights when they pull up inches from the vehicle in the leftmost lane and the lights change. Do THEY have to give motorists the same clearance?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 748 of 754   [ 7536 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 745, 746, 747, 748, 749, 750, 751 ... 754  Next